What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What I did today

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi Guys!!
Well today I went and flew with a friend of mine in his T-6C!!
This is the same fella I flew with last year, great guy and excellent pilot, Man did I have a blast!! I got another 1hr of dual in the T-6. We did stalls accelerated and normal... boy I tell you what wind that lovely bird into a hard right turn and pull to hard you go upside down quick:) Also did quite a bit of aerobatics, loops, rolls(simple and barrel) cuban 8s, Immelman, clover leafs, 4 and 8 point rolls it was super. And no kidding I am not pulling anyone's leg I got to shoot 2 full stop landings with out the backseater screaming:D
All in all a awesome day...... A T-6 is in my future:D:D:D:D:D

IMG00160.jpg

IMG00161.jpg

Last edited:
Dang-it Kirk....you make me jealous! Glad to see someone is cleverly indoctrinating you into the "I gotta have a round engine" cult. You might not realize it yet, but I think it's like one of those viruses - once you catch it there is only one cure! :)

Thanks for the post and pictures.

Cheers,
Stein

PS, That 1340 on the T6 reminds me....I've been spending time lately trying to figure out how I'm gonna mate my 985 carb to the 1340 blower section on my 985 engine!

Dang-it Kirk....you make me jealous! Glad to see someone is cleverly indoctrinating you into the "I gotta have a round engine" cult. You might not realize it yet, but I think it's like one of those viruses - once you catch it there is only one cure! :)

Thanks for the post and pictures.

Cheers,
Stein

PS, That 1340 on the T6 reminds me....I've been spending time lately trying to figure out how I'm gonna mate my 985 carb to the 1340 blower section on my 985 engine!

Boy you have that right Stein!!!
A round engine is a gotta have I am hooked hard:)

I've had two of them.....

...and at 40 GPH you also need a drum of oil. I owned two Air Tractors with 1340's and a T-6B. 2 gallons of oil a day is normal. My turbine might use a quart of oil in 30 hours.

Keep 'em as far as I'm concerned:D

Regards,

Very Nice!

Hey Kirk,

Just let me know when you get your T6, and I'll do my best to keep the "Queen" exercised for you! :D

P.S. - You really need to call me to tag along on days like that!

Hey Kirk,

Just let me know when you get your T6, and I'll do my best to keep the "Queen" exercised for you! :D

P.S. - You really need to call me to tag along on days like that!

Sorry you bet Jim next time I will call :D
It was a blast and even at 35-40gph and 2gallons of oil man oh man you just can't beat that sound and rumble.... taking off with the canopy back.... Honestly other than my RV the T-6 is the nicest handle plane I have flown, it is heavier but man its a nice plane.

I wish I would have know you guys were going to be at N14, I'd love to see the 'Queen up close!! Not to mention, a beauty of a T-6! Flying W is my "home" airport, do you get out here often?

Man just reading this gets the juices flowing. Having owned a T-6 I can say it is one of the nicest flying planes there is. Surprisingly agile and light on the controls for something that weighs in over 2 tons.

I've got to come up with the jack to rebuild mine <sigh>.

Kirk's T-6 ride

Okay, Kirk...this is officially unfair! You're having WAY too much fun!

Am I jealous?

Oh...

...yeah! :D

(Love the T-6!)

Yep,
I am going to get a T-6 someday great great planes:)
I might be going over again next Wed to fly some more .......oh ya!!!!!!:D

Kirk,
Glad to see you are getting hooked on the T6 they are wonderful planes and the T6 community is second to none. I just happen to have the best T6 in the world for sale if you have any interest it can be seen on barnstormers. If you have any interest or just want to ask some questions give me a call
Mike

Kirk,
Glad to see you are getting hooked on the T6 they are wonderful planes and the T6 community is second to none. I just happen to have the best T6 in the world for sale if you have any interest it can be seen on barnstormers. If you have any interest or just want to ask some questions give me a call
Mike

Pick me, pick me!!! :)

I have lots and lots of interest....but unfortuneately I don't have much money and I'm betting you want to get a few pennies for that thing. If you'd like to trade a nice RV6 bring it on! :)

How about posting a pic of your toy just to keep us jealous??!

Cheers,
Stein

SNJ3 Kitplane

I have a 1941 SNJ-3 in pristine perfect original condition. Only 3800 TTSN!!! Zero time engine by Tulsa. All original US Navy instrumentation, with all the hardware for both .30 cal's.

SNJ3.jpg

Unfortunately, its in "kitplane" form, awaiting restoration after I get the new enlarged shop built.

I LOVE the T6, how it flies, sounds - all of it!!

Kirk,
Mike

Oh Mike I just might call:) I love my RV but I am firmly in the "I love T-6s" club!!!

T-6

They are fun to fly! Tony Buechler and I did some spins many years ago, trying various recoveries. After it really winds up (over 3 to 4 turns) it takes a while to stop - a little nerve-wracking! We tried stick-free recoveries (Beggs) and they did not work at all, at least on the T-6 we were in! Despite what Mueller says we found it best to really stuff the stick forward simultaneously with full outspin rudder. What's been your experience? Bill

Pick me, pick me!!! :)

I have lots and lots of interest....but unfortuneately I don't have much money and I'm betting you want to get a few pennies for that thing. If you'd like to trade a nice RV6 bring it on! :)

How about posting a pic of your toy just to keep us jealous??!

Cheers,
Stein

Hey Stein, send me some pictures of your RV6.

Mike

Back