Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 05-12-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
<SNIP>
PLEASE READ the Rules for posting on VAF Forums! Specifically the part about BUMPING Threads!!! This is the second occurrence of your bumping this thread…
S/ Don Hull, one of the moderators
Ok, I will re-read the rules…it looks like others are interested in this thread besides me. I’m generally a rule follower, no worries.

Last edited by thiggins : 05-12-2022 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinAir View Post
Normally elevator trim tabs are indicated by the position of the tab....been that way for a very long time on everything from Cessna's to 747's. Of course there are folks who display them the other way around in their own planes, but it's certainly the minority, not the majority. It's the same with the little autopilot wheels or rockers...push/roll "up" to move the nose down. It basically follows the convention of moving any switch or control from a horizontal console, angled console to a vertical panel...so everything moves and inidcates the same regardless of the angle to which it's mounted.

Also, I think most any of the EFIS systems can be run in a demo or simulaor mode, including the G3X.

Cheers,
Stein
Not to do a debate on this, but in my Mooney 201, the elevator trim is actuated nose-down with an "up" push on the yoke trim switch, or a "roll forward over the top" on the trim wheel and nose-up with a "down" push on the switch or a "roll backward over the top". I think this is pretty standard among all aircraft makes, right? But the Mooney trim indicator goes "up" for nose up and "down" for nose down (it's a linear scale with a pointer). I think it's perfectly intuitive. The indicator on my old Warrior II also moved "up" (forward) for "nose up" and "down" (backward) for "nose down." I didn't realize that there were aircraft that used a different convention than Mooney and Piper seem to.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
Would this be an option? MS Flight Sim with G3X...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHi1RXKZTg

Yeah, thatís a good video. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:35 PM

I just sent an email to Real Sim Gear.

support@realsimgear.com

There is such a strong need for some sort of G3X Touch simulator.
Glad this has shown me an option to email a potential supplier.

Last edited by rjtjrt : 05-12-2022 at 05:37 PM.