What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air Parts tail wheel steering link

cjensen

Well Known Member
I had to put a post out about the quality and service of JD Air Parts...I ordered the tail wheel steering link last Friday, and it arrived on Monday via UPS. Take that Silver Bullet!!

Last night I installed it in a matter of minutes. Well written instructions, nice drawings, and very easy to install.

A couple phone pics...battery was dead on the camera...

2-1-10-001w.jpg

2-1-10-002w.jpg

2-1-10-003w.jpg

2-1-10-004w.jpg

Darwin and Jason have done an outstanding job of putting out a quality product that shipped VERY quickly!

Two thumbs up guys!!!

:cool::cool:

That looks really nice had - and Darwin!

Do they make the control arm that fits the API tailwheel? My Silver Bullet links are fine (I'd buy this in a heartbeat when the SB's have a problem...), but the arm is waorn, and I am using an API one that I cut in half....I really like th elooks of this one!

Paul

Should work

Hey Paul,

If your API has the same shoulder as the Van's system, it should work fine.

Hey Paul,

If your API has the same shoulder as the Van's system, it should work fine.

No, that's the problem. It is actually slightly smaller in diameter than the Van's or Bell wheel. Silver Bullet alegedly made the arm both ways, but we lost our money ordering from him.....

Difference??

I'm flying the SB, but with some reported issues I'm always looking for a future replacement.

Can someone summarize the differences between this one and the Silver Bullet?

Towbar??

Chad, what towbar are you using in the picture? Is that a custom or purchased?

Do you have a picture of it?

Thanks Chad, appreciate the post.

Steve

Chad, what towbar are you using in the picture? Is that a custom or purchased?

Do you have a picture of it?

Thanks Chad, appreciate the post.

Steve

Hey Steve,

My towbar is a custom...I had it made so one side fits the bolt head, and the other side fits over the nut with the cotter pin. I'll take a pic of it tonight for ya...

:cool:

Chad, you ought to manufacture those, you'd sell a bunch. That is NICE!

I have a Silver Bullet, and his steering arm too. Very high quality but delivery was PAINFUL!

I'll take one of them tow bars. Tell me when its ready! I'll send you a check now for a deposit.

To all who may have an interest in the tow bar...I don't have any details to pass along at this point, but I am working on the details to produce some of these...more info soon!

Mods...can we split this thread to a new one where the tow bar interest started? Thx...

Last edited:
Back