What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation Clinics in Mid-west

Fly2eat

I am looking for a spring or summer 2016 Formation Clinic that is within reasonable distance of Illinois. Would even be willing to sponsor something of that nature at C77 Poplar Grove airport if enough interest. We have at least a half dozen RV's here and a semi-active informal formation group that flies when we can. Our airspace is uncontrolled, non-towered and plenty of flat mountain- free space to practice. We have 1 paved 3500 foot runway and two grass runways perfect for RV's. Avgas is available at the field and hangar space likely (I can fit 3 more RV's in my hangar) from friends and neighbors with enough notice. Hotels, neighbors extra rooms, or tent space and food nearby (including delivery) and we have a very active EAA chapter that I think would be willing to lend us briefing space. Obviously will need someone who can teach and certify those that attend. Let's do it!!! May 2016????

L. D. & Kelly Jeffries
RV-8 "Fifinella"N65KJ

Count me in

Good plan, I'd like to participate as well. I'm based in eastern Iowa (KDVN), so it would a short flight for me.

The BeechNutz out of Kansas City hosts a Bonanza formation clinic at Ottumwa, Iowa (KOTM) and it's great. Nice conference room, big area for individual briefings, kichenette area, close hotels, good restaurants, wide open airspace, 150' and 100' wide crossing runways. Keep them in mind. Fly safe, Jim

clinic

I think I could get 6 or more from Morris, C09, to participate. If you need help getting it together let me know I would be willing to help.

OK, sounds like this might be doable. I have a couple military guys here who certainly could be of help in back seat/co pilot instruction for new guys. We just need to find an FFI instructor/evaluator who would be willing to instruct and give renewals or rating rides. I've done a lot of informal form flying but never had the opportunity to attend a clinic. Any idea who to contact that could fulfill the role of primary instructor/evaluator?

formation flying clinic

I'm interested. I live in the DC metro area, but these planes are meant for travel! And what a great excuse to visit the Chicago area.

Robert
RV7

Spring Formation Clinic

"Bulldog Flight" is planning a spring formation clinic in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
KPBF

A date has not been set, but it should be in March.

Stay tuned.

Mark

KC Flight out of Kansas City (KLXT) is planning a full-up clinic some time this spring or early summer. Not that close to you, but would save you a lot of organizational hassle.

After conversing with fellow RV's who are more informed than me on the subject I have decided to withdraw my offer for a clinic (at least organized by me) here at Poplar Grove this spring. In other news, I just lost my medical (temporarily I hope) due to a pulmonary embolism. Stable and home with medication but the future is a bit cloudy at the moment. Fly fast, take chances!!!

Unfortunate

Too bad about the clinic, but I'm really sorry to hear about your health issue. Let's hope it is indeed just temporary. Good luck!

Back