What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Tail kit ordered

Been thinking about it for years. Lots of back story and an RV crazy kid.
Ordered the kit this afternoon. Barb from Vans called to get card info quickly. From sending kit order email to paid confirmation email was 20 minutes.
Time to get busy!
Learning to fly while building too. :eek:

Congratulations, I received my empennage kit June 3rd, I’m excited as can be. Good luck with yours.

There are some back ordered parts, I’ll have to look at those again. I got busy straying to build, hopefully they will arrive before I need them.

Richard

Last edited:
Just ahead of you Richard, got my #140780 empennage on May 22. Working on my horizontal stab now. Sounds like they're shipping a 14 or 14A kit about once a week lately.
I had 4 B/O line items. One was a bag containing some 3/8-24 nutplates that I needed when I got to the rudder, but they had them shipped by then. Still waiting on the last two items but they're not needed until a ways down the road.
Exciting times! Good luck with your build.
Randy

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! And don?t go too fast. Before you know it she?s off the workbench and on wheels.

ME Too!

Been thinking about it for years. Lots of back story and an RV crazy kid.
Ordered the kit this afternoon. Barb from Vans called to get card info quickly. From sending kit order email to paid confirmation email was 20 minutes.
Time to get busy!
Learning to fly while building too. :eek:

I also ordered my Emp. and Wing kits on 6/5! Can't wait to see your progress! Barb was great!

Back