What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How did you rivet canopy deck

pappa

At this time the side skins are on, and it’s time to rivet the canopy deck to longeron. I can’t get a squeezer there so it looks like I have to drive the rivets. I would be driving straight down on deck, longeron and longeron is riveted to side skin. Is this how you do this, and it does not damage anything? It just doesn’t seem like I could get enough energy to set the river without doing damage to the side skins? Thank you for your input.

I'm not exactly sure of the situation where you are riveting, however I've had good success with back riveting skins to longerons, generally. Can you get on the inside of the fuselage with the gun and a back riveting set, and on the ouside of the skin with a flush bucking bar?

Tungsten

No problem but I prefer gun and bar. I have a thin tungsten bar. I tape the heavy one to it for extra mass.

Some of the hard ones I used CherryMax. Spendy put I did not want to have to stand on my head. I even upsized a few to do this. I also have the FWD skin access panels which helped.

Back