What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hey, I'm famous!

Amazing!

That is really cool... What are the odds that you are on the the taxiway at the exact second that the google folks snap your picture...very cool. If I zoom in enough, I can see your RV grin :D Just curious....but how did you know you were in the shot - did you recognize it, or did someone else from the airport tell you??

One of my CFIs called me up...

This could be an interesting thread...it's not as though we're not a group given to bragging, one-upsmanship and other lies...

heh. I'm gonna win this...

Mind blown

Okay how do you post a pic of google maps?

I was excited because my dads plane is in google earth TWICE! Once on the taxiway at our home airport, and once at OSH. Well, I cant get a shot off that :(. So out of curiosity I checked google maps... and there is another one.

Either my dad is really lucky or big brother is nervous :eek::eek:

Okay how do you post a pic of google maps?

I was excited because my dads plane is in google earth TWICE! Once on the taxiway at our home airport, and once at OSH. Well, I cant get a shot off that :(. So out of curiosity I checked google maps... and there is another one.

Either my dad is really lucky or big brother is nervous :eek::eek:

It's really sad when my 19 year old son has to ask his 49 year old dad how to do something on the computer! My plane is in front of my buddy's hangar - we were de-briefing a Blackjack Squadron flight when this was taken.

http://goo.gl/maps/8VU7V

Not in an RV, but my noggin is visible from space when we were snapped loading a bit of furniture into the trailer.

I'm walking across my front yard, with a hand full of orange irrigation flags. Note my JD tractor in the background. I saw the Google guy drive by, and thought 'man, that's a funny looking car with cameras hanging all over it'.

The most interesting thing is the clarity of their steet view shots....his car was going about 30-35mph while filming.

66496834.jpg

We have the WINNER!!! Captain John relayed your message about the meetup Nick sorry couldn't make it. I want to RETIRE, have less disposable income and more fun :D

You missed an epic band night last night...Warbirds, Thunderbirds, Live Music, Homebrew and Cap'n John without electricity.

Yes, it's true!

Epic night and ME WITHOUT SURPLUS ELECTRONS! I checked both pockets and NUTTIN'!

Fortunately for me this WORLD CLASS AVIATOR came to my rescue!

IMG_0397.JPG

We stuffed more electrons intot he cowling as the band played on!

IMG_0423.JPG

Nick, you are a LIFESAVER and your neighbors are an awesome bunch! Michele and I had a great time!

She liked the Mustang!

IMG_0407.JPG

The Zero was my fave!

IMG_0400.JPG

...only because the Corsairs are more easily found. The Corsair was soooo nice too!

IMG_0398.JPG

Thanks again to Mike! We will bring his alternator back soon along with some bottles of bug juice!

;) CJ

In case you were wondering, the guy playing the guitar is Bob Odergaard, you may have seen him do this (http://youtu.be/o50A_nTa7b4) at Oshkosh a few weeks ago...

The guy to his right is none other than "B25 Flyer" Doug Rosendahl, whose basso-profundo voice is probably what scared all Cap'n John's electrons away...

Fine folks to tip a glass with here in Wiscasset, eh?

Nick,

The place was absolutely SEETHING with savvy aviators and experience!

I am not worthy!

Can't wait to return! See for a Thursday jam session again, I am sure!

I had a very uneventful ride home. Michele slept most of the way. That is testimony to the fact that she was convinced of all the skill and professionalism about your place!

:cool: CJ

Back