What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight!!

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Well today was the day. After 3.5 long years and many hours of pounding rivets..RocketBob did the honors at the stick. He said it flew great.

A few more transition hours and its my turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3QuAdwDgA

IMAG0353.jpg

A big thanks to all on VAF for all my questions over the years, soon to be more I am sure...and a big thanks to Rocketbob for being a great test pilot...

Congratulations!

Ryan,
Way to go! It took me 3-1/2 years also.

I liked the video too!

Good to see RocketBob also. Some of us call him "PoooohNer"

Looking forward to hearing about "your" first flight.

Mark

Good deal Ryan. What a thrill after so much work. The video was pretty cool, but the big surprise is rocketbob doesn't look anything like his picture!

first flight

Good deal Ryan.....I've been following your build since you started. You often times asked questions that I had also, so I learned a lot while you were learning.

I don't know Rocketbob, but I think you made a fine choice in him to do your first flight. I agree with everything he writes on this forum....never once have I questioned his comments. From what I've read, he is a very capable and knows what he is talking about. Congratulations and fly safe.

Excellent!! Good luck and proceed safely.

So I guess that isn't really a picture of Rocket Bob in his avatar. I don't know if I'm disappointed or what.

Congratulations Ryan. Now get that transition training out of the way so you can get your own RV grin!

Thank you for the kind words guys...but the avatar pics is what I really look like. :eek:

Having someone experienced do an inspection a few weeks before the first flight and the first flight is the way to go. Why risk your hard work when someone experienced can take a lot of the unknowns and apprehension out of the equation. For me this is a rewarding and enjoyable thing to do.

Way to go, Ryan! Very nice! I'm 5-1/2 years into mine, and hope to fly before too much longer.

Back