What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Demo Recording every flight: lessons learned?

catmandu

Well Known Member
I have a Sport SX with EIS, and have recently learned the value of Demo and uploading flight data to Savvy to do some troubleshooting and analysis. It seems having data from a string of most recent flights would be a good thing going forward.

I have installed a powered USB hub connected to the SX as part of my (stalled) HUD project, so easy enough to leave a stick installed dedicated to data recording. What automatic recording parameters in the Demo Setup page have people found useful for such a situation?

I believe the limiting factor with the GRT is ~30 minute recording time. You have to *tell* it to start a new 30 minute session each time. Is there a way around this? (actually asking for a friend) :D

I believe the limiting factor with the GRT is ~30 minute recording time. You have to *tell* it to start a new 30 minute session each time. Is there a way around this? (actually asking for a friend) :D

I believe it just starts a new file name with something like "+1" appended to it after approximately 30 minutes, to keep from going over the file size limit. At least thats what mine has always done.

Chris

The actual time depends on how much, how frequently you sample. IIRC it will write out to a memory stick when full. You lose about a minute of data while it writes.

I started using data logging on my GRT because I now have 1900 hours on my RV7a and felt I should be ready when something went haywire. I use the Excell spreadsheet available on this link and regularly look at all the graphed data. I also uploaded them to Savvy. Check it out.

https://rv-14a.blogspot.com/2019/09/avionics-new-grt-flight-data-logging.html

Hello. That version has been superseded.

Please view this post: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=1427058#post1427058

Back