What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Motivational Footage

Adam, the turret mount looks like a real winner! I haven't had any real interest in mounting a video camera on the plane I haven't started (or, even ordered) yet, but that mount could change my mind. I'd be interested in knowing how that's done, both the mount itself and its control.

Great video!

I'd like to think I'm only a couple of months from my first flight. This video is certainly motivational but not much help with my patience level:)

Beautiful footage

And I, too, will be wanting one of those puppies.

But I will think twice about posting the video (of the same stuff we ALL do on a puffy Cu kind of day) - because: 500'/1000'/2000' if you're not within 1200' of the deck, right? Why invite the man into your life...

I see on the vimeo page that this it's a DJI Osmo adapted for aerial use in an enclosed turret. Has anyone heard from nflightcam when this might be available?

Will mounting details be available from Vans? If it's doable without major structural work, I would definitely fit a removable mount during my build.

And I, too, will be wanting one of those puppies.

But I will think twice about posting the video (of the same stuff we ALL do on a puffy Cu kind of day) - because: 500'/1000'/2000' if you're not within 1200' of the deck, right? Why invite the man into your life...

Yeah---I noticed that too.

Or worse yet----why invite the broadside of a 767 into your life.:eek: (We pop in and out of those puffies too---Once popped out of one of those puffies in a DC 9. Came within 30 feet of a near mid-air. Just north of Newark---while on their approach control no less---have the brown pants to prove it)

Last edited:
Yeah---I noticed that too.

Or worse yet----why invite the broadside of a 767 into your life.:eek: (We pop in and out of those puffies too---Once popped out of one of those puffies in a DC 9. Came within 30 feet of a near mid-air. Just north of Newark---while on their approach control no less---have the brown pants to prove it)

Do we need to reference the VAF rules here? :eek: Sometimes "Mom" should just say - Good Job !

Actually, a great video, dramatic difference to the normal fixed position video. I want one! The clear view of the mountains were fantastic, as well as the flybys. All in one flight so no multiple cameras or flights were needed.

Have a look at the Tarot or Lumineer Gimbal from the RC world; cheap as chips and very reliable.

For something a little higher spec have a look at the TBS Gimbal

Back