What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airport dog needs a home

1flyingyogi

Well Known Member
There was a stray dog who's been running around the airport (KCPM) the past few days and the staff was going to take him to the shelter. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to take him home temporarily until we find him a good home. He's super friendly and playful and is a very nice dog with no bad habits. He hardly barks at all, seems to be potty-trained (has only done his business when we open the door and let him out), and just a big ball of happy.

The vet said he appears to be very young (1 year old or less) and very healthy. He has no chip. We tried looking online to see if he belongs to anyone locally, but no luck so far.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. I'd hate to take him to the shelter, but we already have a dog so we cannot keep him. If you have young kids, I'm sure they would LOVE this playful little guy.

Here's a three second video of him. I may even be able to deliver him to you if you're within about a 1 hour flying distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2A4FHJFWc

I saw him in the terminal building and wondered what happened to him. Hopefully, he finds a home.

I wonder what happened to the rabbit that was found.

Hey Xavier. Can you help spread the word for me? Maybe someone at Compton wants him? I'm working every day until Sunday and hardly have time for this, but I really want him to find a good home. I was gonna post his photo around the airport just in case someone in the local neighborhood lost him and is still looking. But my gut feeling is that he was abandoned. Otherwise, they would have found him already.

I saw him in the terminal building and wondered what happened to him. Hopefully, he finds a home.

I wonder what happened to the rabbit that was found.

There was a stray dog who's been running around the airport (KCPM) the past few days and the staff was going to take him to the shelter. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to take him home temporarily until we find him a good home. He's super friendly and playful and is a very nice dog with no bad habits. He hardly barks at all, seems to be potty-trained (has only done his business when we open the door and let him out), and just a big ball of happy.

The vet said he appears to be very young (1 year old or less) and very healthy. He has no chip. We tried looking online to see if he belongs to anyone locally, but no luck so far.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. I'd hate to take him to the shelter, but we already have a dog so we cannot keep him. If you have young kids, I'm sure they would LOVE this playful little guy.

Here's a three second video of him. I may even be able to deliver him to you if you're within about a 1 hour flying distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2A4FHJFWc

God bless you Brian. I wish I were closer to help.

Brian,
https://www.pilotsnpaws.org/

PNP is a group that utilizes private aviators to help deliver rescue animals to adoptive homes. It's a very well run network and we've volunteered for many rescues. They are usually at most airshows. Sara and I have done several rescues and look forward to many more.

Thanks for caring enough to help the puppy.

David

Pilots N Paws is a group that works with rescue organizations to get dogs and cats from one place to another. It's not a rescue organization per se. What you need to do is find a rescue organization in the local area that will accept him and they will then work to find him his "forever home". If that home is in another area of the country, then they put a request up on the PNP website, and pilots volunteer their time, money and aircraft to do the transport. I've done this many times.

I hope this works out, he looks like a great "buddy" for someone!

I'll spread the word. Send me a few pictures. I'll PM you my email address.

Hey Xavier. Can you help spread the word for me? Maybe someone at Compton wants him? I'm working every day until Sunday and hardly have time for this, but I really want him to find a good home. I was gonna post his photo around the airport just in case someone in the local neighborhood lost him and is still looking. But my gut feeling is that he was abandoned. Otherwise, they would have found him already.

Here's a photo of this GREAT little puppy. I'm sure he'll make you or your kids very happy!

We would definitely him if we didn't already have a dog (who's very jealous). We need to find him a home soon because he's getting attached to us very quickly and it'll be hard to let him go. Misa, my wife, is already begging me to keep him, but it's just too hard so we can't.

GnHLOJQH4QCgx9qqRY46e7R9ERUm2Updirn7bRai9mWULXp4AzN1fhckYo90er8hET8jykwrUzSwkokUyxY1h5Kc5CPMaalfx-z3v6sQ1EFXpw49kCnpjj98rgAJkQyUvjRuA1xAdd6UnZU_d5RgzWPrQEYIBlnJkHC_6flN1hJVLUvWrZHVnfswsn_DFhegh2jRBzDKEANjP6xIpPDPZQmnjIWWdKNkKblP8XbgNGOMm_DuYNJgbOnXJ3TeRotTO8t7iL3LxLZCAVHeZzPmI4Atm7WWHtef4tq1P6KenpY-TMOacKxLhQ8mQW2aidCsphHeKJGaH_jMQ1ea1iGt8khp19Oa-37kGW9AyU9oE2Q-V7jMyyuKDTg-OnfGv2iNqTBXSA6WiUYntkwOSpC2LBW_781Z7EEHAKls8cJZpGzswUb5o0mct0udrV6-FPQRw0mCtnyxLZFNuOFh_sZ5ZXTccbUu7e2yfGC9aDe4UIPRpJnrB3En8KAuGAtm6AXsx4uY-2MOHzpwHw674vNl3eTsvsj_ztsfGTeouXWfm2UYPa6ZRIsXeL3W6s46P3nD7euF-uIwoxdpDlP2YsYBqOPfkdlyMEWQ-QlQ6HqFWOeY9M1qB2EbCUAS2mbPdgqtQ53wDOKn09-LRLYRpr_PsViP-UFzOAHNx7SNHFHKTgCi0UTVyGXHCg=w342-h608-no

Back