What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fired up panel first time

Rayh

I fired up the panel for the first time. The Skyview comes on but I am getting no lights on the switches when they are on. Turning the dimmer has no effect.

The lights on all switches are not wotking. The Avionics switch powers the radio up.

Tom, what did your problem ending up being? I am currently running tests and so far found 11 pins on the 25 pin connector getting no power.

Is the 25 pin connector you're talking about the one that connects the Fuse & Switch module to the AV-5000A Control module? If so, most of those pins should have power from the F&S module. Did you download the schematic? That was invaluable to me when I was shooting my problem although, I must admit, it wasn't easy reading them on my computer.

Bottom line, though, I ended up with a bad Fuse & Switch module. The F&S module, just as it's name implies, basically just switches power to the appropriate outputs. If you have power on the input to the F&S module (that must be the case or you wouldn't have power on any of the output pins) and missing power on the some of the outputs, I'd guess there's something wrong in that area.

I assume you've checked fuses to make sure they're OK? How about the connector on the F&S end of that cable? Everything look OK there (no pushed pins or anything of that sort)?

Finally, I got to know the folks at Van's Support a whole lot better than I'd prefer over this problem :) They were a big help ...

Thanks Tom. I have narrowed down that a couple of the pins were not seated completely.
I have the switches lit and working. With the exception of the Master Switch. It powers everything up but the light is not working in it.
I am not sure if it is the switch or something else.

Back