What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

King G3X course

Michael Henning

Well Known Member
I have a GPS175 in my plane and took the King GTN650/750 course figuring the logic would be the same, and it was. I found the King course to be thorough and well presented. I am now really good with the GPS175. I know there are a lot of G3X guys out here, and I would love to see King Schools come out with a course for it. If you are in agreement, please call King and let them know.
(800)854-1001

Last edited:
The Garmin YouTube channel has a ton of really good videos - that’s how I learned to use mine (along with a lot of AVGas). The ones that were of most value I think were the videos on how to use the autopilot.

Demo Mode

You know you can put the G3X Touch in demo mode by holding the Direct button while powering it on.

I have been using demo mode some while I am building my new panel and it is not in the plane.

I have a GPS175 in my plane and took the King GTN650/750 course figuring the logic would be the same, and it was. I found the King course to be thorough and well presented. I am now really good with the GPS175. I know there are a lot of G3X guys out here, and I would love to see King Schools come out with a course for it. If you are in agreement, please call King and let them know.
(80”)854-1001

Totally agree...I just gave the KING people a call and suggested the G3X course.

I would love to have such a course available.
Great need to be able to practice use of G3X Touch at home.

The Garmin YouTube channel has a ton of really good videos - that’s how I learned to use mine (along with a lot of AVGas). The ones that were of most value I think were the videos on how to use the autopilot.

I didn't have any problem using the GMC autopilot in our Sling. But, I need to find out how to configure my 507 in my RV9A (G3X touch). I haven't found anybody that can/will do a step by step instruction with me. I'm a "show-me" guy, not here it is.....read it.:confused:

Back