What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint respirator

Jstov

Well Known Member
Well it is a bad time to start my paint project and my 3M respirator has come missing! Anybody have a paint respirator I can buy or maybe even a Hobbyair system!

Respirator

Can't imagine painting without both but good luck finding a 3M or filters. I've been trying tk buy #60926 cartridges for weeks. Good thing I keep a spair set.
I use the 3M for mixing and cleaning then switch to the Hobby Air to spray.
Hobby Air was answering and both Aircraft Spruce and Amazon sell them.
Auto Body Toolmart is selling on line. I just got some supplies. They shipped fast.
Best of luck.

It was one of my worries too. I'm down to my last disposable 3M dust mask and 3M respirator. Fortunately, one of my local sources doled out two disposable respirators, so I should be able to get my painting done this summer. I could tell you where I got them... but then you'd have to kill me. (wait, that doesn't work... never mind)

Not trying to be sanctimonious, but in this time there are others that NEED N95/P2 respirators and filters more than builders, who want them rather than need them.
Please don't chase these and procure them. The front line health and emergency staff are your most valuable commodity now.

Last edited:
Search Fleabay or Amazon for this

3M 4251 Organic Vapour Dust Half Mask Respirator A1P2D

Available in stock in the UK. What I have used for years - a simple and inexpensive mask that absorbs organic vapours.

watch out for knockoffs of the 3m cartridges. I accidentally bought some and when I went into the booth I could tell immediately that they were filtering Nothing. They were otherwise indistinguishable from the real ones. e-bay is fine, but stick to good sellers.

The cartridges by themselves are 3M 6001, once you already have the mask. If you are using this for painting, go with at least the full-face mask. I used a fresh-air system for most everything. for small parts, sometimes I just used the cartridges.

Last edited:
Not trying to be sanctimonious, but in this time there are others that NEED N95/P2 respirators and filters more than builders, who want them rather than need them.
Please don't chase these and procure them. The front line health and emergency staff are your most valuable commodity now.

Sanctimony aside, few of what we would use is adequate for a real infectious disease environment. They are not sterile initially, and have a discharge valve, that allows discharge of particles from the user lungs.

Infectious disease respirators are quite different in design.

For most paints, a fresh air respirator is recommended anyway, or a disposable organic filter which is a one time use (although I use them until the smell intrudes).

Back