What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suzanne Swearengen

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
All of you are family, so I wanted to let you know that my wife Suzanne passed this morning. It was a fight to the end, but her passing was peaceful.
She loved aviation, experimentals, and loved interacting with all of you. She did meet some of you at various events, and considered you all family.

So as family, I just wanted to thank all of you for the calls, emails, and cards of support. I means so much to us.

Yes----I'm ok--and will carry on the work of TS Flightlines/AS Flightlines--she helped get it going and was instrumental in keeping me straight. She insisted that I work during her illness---That our clients deserved the best effort we could give. WE will carry on the promise we made to her to do just that.

Tom

Tom, I?ve not yet had the privilege to meet you, and didn?t get to meet Suzanne. Yet, as you point out VAF is family. I?m glad you know you are surrounded by people that care. I offer my sincere condolences and you are in my prayers. Hang in there.

Suzanne sounds like such a terrific person.
Very sorry to hear of her passing. All the best to Tom and his family.

Condolences Tom.

It was a pleasure meeting Suzanne and her son at the AFP class a couple years ago.

Thank you for sharing with the community.

Bob

Tom,

Lisa and I are so very sorry for your loss. You and Suzanne are in our prayers.

Sincerely,
Eric

Very sorry. You may or may not remember me but I ordered a small custom fuel line from you and you treated me as if I was spending thousands of dollars.

Matt

Tom,
Very sorry for the loss of your wife Suzanne.
I can not imagine your grief.
Hopefully time and work will ease the pain.
May she rest in peace.

Tom, my condolences. You will be a part of our prayer list this season.
We have spoken before and I am flying with your parts in my airplane. I appreciated your honest and trustworthy advice and product. That is a tribute to your wife.
Best,
Jeff

Tom
I am saddened to hear of your loss. Condolences and prayers to you and your family.

Respectfully,
Sam

Tom, I don't know you personally but still feel like you are family. There are no words I can say....

-Marc

Very sorry for the passing of your dear wife. May the wonderful memories you have bring you comfort in the days to come.

Very sorry for the passing of your dear wife. May the wonderful memories you have bring you comfort and strength in the days to come.

So sorry for your loss Tom. I pray God provides comfort to you, family, and friends during this difficult period of time.

Tom,
Very sad to hear this, if there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to reach out. We send our love.
Walt

Dear Tom,

I'm so, so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and know that we're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Your friend,
Doug

I can't imagine

Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what it must be like. The thought of losing my wife is my greatest fear.

Your decency comes across in your posts, and when dealing with you. What I believe is that your wife was lucky to have the time she did with you.

Tom,
I join the others in grief for your loss. Maybe this poem by Henry Van Dyke will bring you a little comfort, as it has for me in such times:

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

Sad for your loss Tom. I know it was tough on you taking care of your wife and the business at the same time. You both showed your devotion and love by taking care of each other through this long struggle.

God bless you and your family Tom. It is wonderful that you have faith to help you through this. A couple of weeks ago you alluded to an experience that you had in 2015 that gave you great comfort. If it’s not too personal and when you are ready perhaps you would consider sharing that at some point.

Last edited:
Tom,

I?m so sorry to hear this.

It can be such a difficult time but we manage to go on. We figure out how to adjust our lives to makeup for the huge void. It won?t be the same but we figure it out.

Please accept my most sincere condolences. If there is anything I can do just let me know. Even if it just to chat.

Ray

A Great Loss

Tom, we are so sorry for you loss. Our prayers are for you to endure through this very difficult time and remember all the good times you and Suzanne had.

Widget and Slinky

Sorry for your loss Tom. Fighting cancer is a tough trip for both patient and caregivers. ��

Last edited:
I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and support. I means so much to me. Those of you that met Suzanne, treated her like one of your family---and that means the world to me. She loved aviation and planes---and was blown away the first time I took her to Oshkosh. She was one of the big reasons that we expanded to better serve all of you.

Tom

Tom, I never met you or Suzanne. All of my dealings have been via e-mail or phone; however, in my limited dealings with you I have found you to be so very nice and accommodating. I am so sorry for your loss!

Tom, we've never met, but you made the hoses for my airplane just recently. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Cancer is a horrific thing for anybody to go through...

Hey Tom,

Like everyone else has said, I?m so sorry buddy. Prayers will stay with you to help you stay strong and to help ease the pain. I?m definitely heart broken for you.

Back