What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upholstery recommendation needed

BillOrcutt

I need a good upholstery shop to do the seats and interior of my just-signed-off RV-10, preferably in the TX-TN region. Classic Aero won't do -10's, but I'd like that same level of quality. Anybody happy with their interior shop?

thanks,
Bill
20 hours into Phase 1
new RV-10, RV-7A

:(
I need a good upholstery shop to do the seats and interior of my just-signed-off RV-10, preferably in the TX-TN region. Classic Aero won't do -10's, but I'd like that same level of quality. Anybody happy with their interior shop?

thanks,
Bill
20 hours into Phase 1
new RV-10, RV-7A

I got my seats from Aerosport Products. Geoff should be finishing them next week. I know several others that have got their seats from him. He isn't the least expensive option, but he does great work. Geoff's RV-10 will be as OSH if you want to see some of his work. I don't think Sean Strasburg is going to make OSH this year. He also has seats made by Aerosport

Aerosport is in central Ohio

Bob

Another vote for Flightline. Two friends of mine with fairly new RV's (a -8 and a -10) both have Flightline interiors, using Oregon Aero seat cushion cores, and they're the best and most comfy interiors I've enjoyed firsthand.

Someday, I will have the same seats done for my RV-6.

Like Mike said ....

Flightline !! Abby is just a total delight to work with, and the workmanship in her interiors is second to none.

Flightline interiors

As others have said call Abbey at Flightline Interiors, you won't be disappointed. She did my leather interior 5 years ago and it looks like new after 560 hrs. Fantastic to work with and she stands behind her work. She was the first to come out with a interior for the RV-10 years before anyone else. Her full interior can be installed yourself in a few hours. There are alot of big decisions to make when building but this isn't one of them.

Don Orrick
N410JA

Abby at Flightline

Did anyone mention Abby at Flightline Interiors :rolleyes:.

Super nice interiors and will include everything you need. She'll send you all the samples and color charts and you just sit down and pick what you want.

If you can dream it then she can make it for you. Just tell her what's on your mind and let her run with it.

One stop shopping and the best customer service you will get anytime-anywhere.

Aerosport

Love my seats from Geoff at Aerosport Products. If you want very good quality and tight fitting seats you won't go wrong with Geoff.

m4qh4.jpg

qstngh.jpg

DJ's Upholstry

DJ from Cleveland Tools did ours.

I am happy. You can see pics on the blog

John Fisher on Gundys airport Owasso,Ok (o38) he did the first customer built RV10 and many more very good work . He did my RV8 and my RV7 is in his shop now.His phone # is 918-906-3030.

Hey Sean, . Couple questions, in the pic you posted, the fuse sidewall next to the seats are done with what looks like a leather covered panel. Is that something he now offers? also, do you know if he does the carpet.

Thanks

Hey Sean, . Couple questions, in the pic you posted, the fuse sidewall next to the seats are done with what looks like a leather covered panel. Is that something he now offers? also, do you know if he does the carpet.

Thanks

I can answer that question and I'm sure that Geoff will add his 2 cents worth when he gets into the office.

It's a standard kydex panel that Geoff offers on his web site with a custom leather insert. I don't know if Sean did his own insert or if Geoff did them for him. I'm doing something similiar in my RV-10 (with Geoff's assistance). Geoff also did something similiar in his RV-10. You can see his photos on the web site.

If you're going to OSH talk to Geoff there. His RV-10 will be in HBP. I would call his office to schedule an appointment to meet at a specific time. OSH is too large to chance running into him with out one. If you're not going, just pick up the phone and give Geoff a call. Be forewarned, your bank account will be smaller after seeing all the great products he has for the RV-10.

There are some new items that will be on the web site soon, but I'll leave that announcement for Geoff to disclose.

bob

BGS,

Directly under the doors is a leather covered panel. I made this piece with the help of a local upholsterer. It is a hard plastic piece with foam and leather wrapped over. It has velcro and the Kydex panels that Geoff offers hold the ends down so there are no screws to take out or cover. This makes it easy to pull off if you ever need to get under the side panels. My cam block in the middle is bolted own through it so it helps secure it as well. I used nutplates on the inside.

Not sure about carpet....I did this from a local shop and bought the material from Airtex. You might want to call him and ask him about carpet.

There is another option.

I bought my hides locally and then brought them, cushions, and the drawings from Van?s to a local hotrod interior guy. He did a great job!

Flightline or Geoff

I used Flightline because Geoff wasn't ready with his upholsterer yet. Abby was great, but I have just about every product Geoff makes on my plane and every one of them is fantastic. I'm sure his seats are top drawer.

I used Flightline because Geoff wasn't ready with his upholsterer yet. Abby was great, but I have just about every product Geoff makes on my plane and every one of them is fantastic. I'm sure his seats are top drawer.

Hot off the sewing machine!!! Geoff from Aerorport Products just sent me photos of my seats. Done per my wife's specs.

FP15072012A0003B.jpg

FP15072012A0003C.jpg

FP15072012A0003D.jpg

Hot off the sewing machine!!! Geoff from Aerorport Products just sent me photos of my seats. Done per my wife's specs.

FP15072012A0003B.jpg

FP15072012A0003C.jpg

FP15072012A0003D.jpg

They look great Bob, I was at Geoff's shop when he started working on your seats, I was amazed at how much detail and work he puts into them. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before they are airborne.:)

Aerosport Products

Unfortunately Geoff's seats and many of his interior items were not available when I needed them the just over two years ago so I ordered a package from Abby at Flightline. I was very happy with her work and but have since changed out most of the side panels and head liner for Geoff's.

I still have the seats and carpet from Flight Line and happy with them but the fit and finish of Geoff's stuff is very hard to compete with. Installing his side panels and vents etc. just takes the interior look to a whole new level.

I was one of the very first to install his CF instrument panel and couldn't be happier with the look and functionality of it.

If I had to do it over again I would go with a complete interior package from Geoff. I have been to his shop and know that only the best in materials are used and his attention to detail is second to none.

Back