What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finishing Kit

Jackm

Well Known Member
We are about to order the finishing kit for our RV10. Looking for advice of things to delete from BOM list from Vans that I will not need ( door seals ect)
Thanks in advance.

We are about to order the finishing kit for our RV10. Looking for advice of things to delete from BOM list from Vans that I will not need ( door seals ect)
Thanks in advance.

That really depends on your desires......

If you go the McMaster Carr seal, the seals aren't a big savings. Also, for the McMaster Seals, you'll want to get the struct mount bracket from planearound.com. The Van's bracket intefere's with the seal.
Don't forget to get Sean's safety latch.

You also have the upgrade to heavy duty struts. You can get them from Van's but can be found less expensive elsewhere.

If you have unlimited amounts of cash, you can get the pre-trimmed glass from vansaircrafttires.com.

You'll want to replace the nosewheel with the Matco wheel and axle.

I'm sure I've probably forgot something, but if you do a search you should find plenty of information that has been already been discussed and debated.

I just got mine in and I deleted the struts,front wheel,axle,all tires and tubes,intersection fairings. I think they ended up taking off about $500.

Delete the Safety latch as well

Delete the Safety latch as well if you are using the planearound center latch.

Don't believe all the gloom and doom about door fitting either. It really was not that bad.... 50 hours and I have the doors, seals, hinges and latches installed. (Skipped the windows until I do them all together). The door latches were as much work as fitting the doors.

Back