What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stupid move of the day

sstellarv10

Well Known Member
If you would like the stiffeners in the baggage area to work properly they have to be in place before you set the rivets:eek: I guess I'll get some rivet removal practice today:mad:
28ssoeo.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I did that once!

On an elevator stiffener.

You would think that you would notice the absence of the part while back riveting. :eek: But you get in a groove and next thing you know.....

lots more silly things like this await you. build on.

Been there - done that...

I put in all the stiffeners on one side of my elevator skin when I realized I hadn't dimpled the stiffeners.... uuughhh, had to drill out 40 rivets... am an expert now :D

Ha Ha

I did that too on a stiffener, funny now that I look back on it. I shot some and then picked up a stiffener and thought, hey I have an extra one!.....NOT.

bird

Yep - me too

I seem to recall somewhere in the instructions where it tells you to do this so you get it out of your system. (I'm sticking with that story.)

Wait until you're riveting stiffeners on your 0.016 rudder skin and move to the next stiffener without repositioning it over the backriveting plate. I did it about 14 years ago and I still can't look at that backriveting plate without that incident coming to mind.:mad:

My stupid mistakes lately have been in wiring things...such as crimping the connector on the coax *before* running it through the hole/grommet, and of course it won't fit *after* crimping. Doh!

Back