What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stock Vans Instrument Panel w/ Aerosport throttle quadrant cover

sstellarv10

Well Known Member
Has anyone mounted the Aerosport throttle quadrant cover to the stock Vans Instrument panel and if so was there a lot of modifications to make?

Has anyone mounted the Aerosport throttle quadrant cover to the stock Vans Instrument panel and if so was there a lot of modifications to make?

You've got multiple issues to overcome. Geoff's panel is a little longer than the standard Vans panel. I don't know if the throttle quadrant will reach the bottom of the Vans panel. Secondly, the interface between the lower console and the instrument panel isn't flush like the Van's panel. I don't even know when to begin to explain the differences.

You're only hope is to give Geoff a call and see if he's willing to provide more details. My personal opinion is just to get Geoff's entire package and then don't worry about the customizations. Now that Geoff has four different panels, I'm sure you can find one that works well for you.

bob

Thanks Bob, I figured that would be the answer. I'm leaning towards the Aerosport Symetrical panel anyway, I just started to plug and play with it and things fit in easier and it looks not so cluttered.

Thanks Bob, I figured that would be the answer. I'm leaning towards the Aerosport Symetrical panel anyway, I just started to plug and play with it and things fit in easier and it looks not so cluttered.

Give Geoff a call. You'll want to order the throttle quadrant from him. The standard Van's quadrant won't work with the symetrical panel.

If I was doing mine again, I would probably go with that one too.

bob

Mine does

I've got the symmetrical panel and the Van's quadrant and it went together pretty easy. I did have to modify Geoff's instructions on the quadrant slightly as the symm. panel is a little different in dimensions than his others, I think. Again, talk to Geoff about it. I wasn't aware he sells quadrants. I thought the one from Van's was the only game in town.

I will set the record straight on the quadrant for all our panels for the RV-10.
All panels can use our standard quadrant package but the symmetrical panel
will need to have a spacer as Bryan said in his post. We do have a new
throttle quadrant setup for the symmetrical panel which is for the same
setup as on our main page of our web site. The picture on the
front page is Rob Hickman's new symmetrical panel. We will be offering this
new setup as well. It is not on the web page yet but will be very soon.
With this setup you can have one radio or transponder ect. in the area right
above the quadrant. With this setup you will get 3 new levers for the stock vans quadrant. See http://www.aerosportproducts.com

Geoff

Back