What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Platenut question

Adam W

Well Known Member
it looks like the drawings call for K1000-3 platenuts to be installed on the AEX tie dow bracket material. my wing kit does not include K1000-3 platenuts. Not on the inventory list and not in the contents. is this misslabelled on the drawing? or have i been short shipped?

Adam.

You read the plans correct. They call for a K1000-3, matched to the AN3 bolt that holds it to the spar. If things haven't changed, you should have 52 of the platenuts in bag 823-1.

Brian

I ordered the QB wings so I won't be much help in that department, but I used several of those near the end for different things. Wouldn't hurt to order 25 of multiple sizes. Might seem like a waste now, but it'll save some waiting in the future.

Odds and ends...Can never have enough

Yeah. Brian is correct, they should have come with your wing kit. That inventory is a killer when it comes to sorting through all the hardware. You need to be on your game.

I promise you this....despite having all the hardware needed supplied with the kit. YOU WILL BE ORDERING MORE. Just get used to it. VANS gives you the minimum needed, and you need more. Rivets of every conceivable length and diameter, Nutplates of every conceivable configuration, Cherry Rivets, oops rivets, etc.

(That's why your second build is so much faster than your first.... you have every tool and every bolt/rivet/etc and don't have to wait to order them :D:D:D)

Back