What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tappahannock - KXSA Fly-In

Don

Well Known Member
Just a quick note to let folks in the Mid Atlantic area who may be looking for a weekend destination know, we're having a Fly-In, Open House, and Classic Car show this Saturday (August 15) from 10 am to 3 pm. I know there will be at least one RV there (mine) and I'd love to see more.

I'll also be serving some fine hickory smoked pulled pork BBQ that I've smoked myself. If you stop by, say hi, I'd like to meet more VAF members.

More info here: http://www.essex-virginia.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=62960&pageId=276514

Mod. Note: it's still not too late to put this on the VAF Calendar where a lot of folks look first for a place to fly on the weekend. Don H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer. If I wasn't already committed for a Phish concert Saturday, weather willing, I'd be there. It's hard for me to pass up some good barbecue!

I'm sorry to miss both of you. I understand your plans Cousin and you'll have a blast. The pork butts should be really good - lump charcoal, not briquettes, real hickory chunks for the smoke that I cut myself, and a great sauce of my own, if you like your BBQ sauced.

FWIW there are a lot of weird looking home built plastic airplanes based at this airport. You know the ones with the little wing in front and there's only one RV (mine). Sometimes it's kind of lonely for an RV owner at KXSA so it sure would be nice to see more RV's on Saturday.:)

And if you're looking for a hanger, we've got openings in the new hangers.

I'm probably going to make it.....

Any lurkers in the Fredericksburg area want a ride pm me.

Its an RV-4 so smaller people fit in the back better.

Not 100% are as I've got to get out there and put on some new tires first but if I go I'm willing to share the RV experience with those wanting a taste.

Don, we haven't met but I am based out of Carroll County airport in Maryland. Cindy and I will be flying our 9A and plan to arrive around 11am tomorrow. Hope that barbecues is as said good as you said....love barbecue. :) look forward to meeting you. Steve

Thanks for stopping by

Steve and Richard - good to meet you both. From what I'm hearing a whole lot more folks showed up than the planners were expecting, which is a good thing. I hope the BBQ met your expectations. I was expecting after smoking four butts to have some to take home but Mary and I sold out in 90 minutes. That was fine with me and Pilots and Paws will see a nice donation.

It was a fun event. If thy had publicized it better they would have run out of tmp space for sure.

The car show was good as well.

The BBQ was superb.

Back