What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Vents

Zero4Zulu

Well Known Member
I made these today for my 6A. The holes are .035 dia. 19x. Question is, will these provide too much pressure in the fuel tank with the ram air? Also should I drill a small hole on the back side?

51ba5c63-de9f-45b5-8e37-e3e1b8462b4c_zps2xkcp3j1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They look nice Steve great job machining! Don't worry your tanks won't explode from excessive ram air pressure. :)

Just don't suck the air out of the tanks when facing them backwards. I don't know if that would be the case or not though. Thought I'd throw it in for a learning moment.

Tim

A smal hole in the back to allow water to escape, or air in if a large bug or bird hits the front would probably be a good idea.

I have some commercial ones and they have a small hole in the bottom / back...

They look suspiciously like cutting torches. Do they scare deer away too? Just kidding, I like them.

OK, I drilled a small hole in the elbow corner at about 45 degrees face downward... Installed these on my plane and they look pretty good. Maybe my angled weep hole will whistle and scare deer!

Don't install them backwards. I've heard of a guy that did that and had problems with fuel flow. It would try to pull vacuum that way.

Back