What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vision Microsystems VM1000C

One mans opinion

My few comments, do *NOT* take price into the equation. However, it is my opinion that there are more flexible, more feature rich product available. Dynon has an engine management product. JPI - who I think bought Microvision, has some as well, and they offer experimental discounts.

My personal favorite is the MVP-50 from EI, partly because it also can provide the Chelton screens what it's need, but because they offer a ton of features and upgradeability.

A recent newcomer, but I'm sure with the associated newcomer problems is

http://www.xerionavionics.com

my .02

avantveld said:
Hello guys,

I am on the brink of ordering a VM1000C monitor from Vision Microsystems. Is there anyone out there that has some experience with this system?

Thanks,

Aart van't Veld

I have flown with the 1000 not the C.
What do you want to know>

Peter

I have looked into other options for a engine monitor too but found out that the VM1000C is the only one (apart from the Blue Mountain products) that is Fadec compatible. The Advanced Flight Systems AF-2500 for instance isn't.....
The VM1000 off course is a well known product but I would like to hear some more info on customer support, easy of installation (installing sensors and calibration) and performance during flight.

Thanks for all your input!
Aart

Vm100c

I am also seriously looking at the VM 1000C for my RV-7. I have built the flop tube/capacitive equipped tanks and was wondering what isssues there may be with hooking a Miccro Vision susyem up to the capactivie senders? In other words, are the Miccro Vision systems compatible with the capacitive equipped tanks and if not, how do you make them compatible?

Dave

I have had experience with both models. 1000 and 1000c. I have the vm1000 in my RV6a and like it alot. I installed the 1000c in my RV-10 and like it a lot better. The options it provides for leaning are awesome. I'm sure they have equipment necessary to use the system in fuel tanks regardless of your sender type. I have logged 100hrs on the rv10 and found the 1000c a very useful tool. I devised a very easy way to install the fuel probes into the tanks. Vision Microsystems has all the info if you ask them. I provided them with photos etc. they normally have my photos in their booth at airshows. I also know they are currently having a sale. (only because I was chosen for a dealer and supplied with the new special pricing)
Good Luck!
John RV-10 N104ME 100 hrs./RV-6A N799HS 785hrs.

Mag Checks???

Hi Guys
I like the rest of you am very interested in this unit. One question that is coming to mind is this unit picks up the RPM from ONE mag. If this is the case how do you do the mag checks if one mag will read zero and the other one reads the right RPM?

TIA
Peter
RV-9A
Flying

Mag Check

The mag does not stop rotating it just stops making sparks no problem on rpm reading.

VM1000C and p-mag

Hello,

I want to install the VM1000C engine monitor system with the IO-360 precision injection plus P-mag electronic ignition system in my RV7

I have seen in Aircraft Spruce catalog there are two models, anybody knows Which one is the correct VM1000C model to work with p-mag system?? or this two options are only refered to the injection system??

VM100C COLOR 4CYL SLICK INJECT 10-00612 |
VM1000C COLOR 4CYL BNDX INJECT 10-00613 |

Thanks,
Josep
[email protected]
www.telefonica.net/web2/rv7e

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to a manual on line or a manual in PDF form for the Vision Microsystems VM1000 engine monitoring system?

Any help greatly appreciated.

VM 1000 C Manual

I have one I can forward you. Please send me your email address off line. There were also a couple of models -- pre and post JPI. You can tell by the color of the back of the display, gold or silver. Mine is the pre-JPI model.
Best,
Jerry Folkerts

If you have the black box version, the manual is online at the JPI Tech website, do a Google search on VM1000C Manual and it will take you right to it.

Reggie

Fuel Calibration VM1000c

It's tricky to calibrate this unit for fuel quantity I've found. Still not successful. I want to calibrate it for both ground reading and flight reading. I have an RV-7. I've got the standard floats in the tanks. Does any one know or guess if I calibrate it with tail down only i would read more or less than is actually in the tanks during cruise? (Level flight) Thanks

Back