What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

After a long hiatus, back with a question about the aileron inboard bracket

didja

On the Aileron inboard bracket safety bulletin, unlike the initial instructions that are replaced by the bulletin, the bulletin instructions did not specifically mention to remove the same "hatch area" as the initial instructions and so I forgot to do that on the right wing when I installed it.

I am in the process of building the left wing and am wondering if it is indeed still supposed to be removed since the bulletin that I have did not mention to do so. When I looked at the installed bracket, the tab on 1013E-L flushly meets the aileron spar face. It essentially acts as a hard stop. The deflection of the aileron seems to be within range of movement in the upward travel.

I am not sure if I should remove the right aileron and remove the tab on the installed bracket and then make the left to match, or leave the tab on both.

Looking at the SB in figure 13, it shows the parts both with the tab not cut off and there are no instructions to do so, but if you look at figure 14, the drawing no longer shows the "tab".

Its been over a year and a half since I last did metal work on this project and trying to get back into the swing of things!

I?m just doing this step today and as I understand it only the outboard bracket gets the tab removed.

Ah, yes, I just noticed that a step that I had marked off as complete instructed to trim the outboard (Step 2). I prepped all of these pieces about a year and a half ago and have not worked on it since until now! I wasnt sure why I had the piece still on the inboard!

Thank you for pointing that out!!!!

Back