What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A Center Section Side Plate ?

Ron

I posted on Matronics, and I'll try here also..
I think my right 904H might have been drilled backward. It appears on dwg 23 coordinates 3.5, and C, that the top of the spar flange has a bevel on the front flange. The 904H has this same bevel. My left side matches the dwg, but the right has the bevel on the aft flange of the spar. I matched up the bevels not paying attention to the orientation and matched drilled. Now I notice the spacer will not come out of the slot between the two spars. If I flip the 904H over, the slot works fine, and all is well. The issue now is the hole spacing. the front is supposed to have 24 holes and the rear flange 25 according to dwg 16. I can't simply drill new holes as they will elongate the current ones, any ideas, thoughts? The left side is correct.. spar flange serial numbers and orientation marks from vans is correct..

Mis-drilled part

It is not impossible to think that your part was drilled backwards. On mine I received the wrong rib for one of the baggage floor ribs and it wouldn't line up. I didn't catch it until after I had primed the parts. A call to Vans and a few days later I had the right part, but it did slow me down.

I don't think there was a left and a right 904H, so if you have one that's drilled correctly, and another that's drilled incorrectly, then you need a new part.

http://www.my9a.com/fuse9.asp

Regards,
Mike Schipper
-9A #90768 - N63MS - Flying
www.my9a.com

Mike,
The f-904h does have a in and a out, if it gets on inside out the skin holes won't line up. I got one on backwards and had to order a new 904c-r -that gets match drilled with the 904h
Frank
Painting

You may find that you'll add more bevel to the front leg when the forward fuselage is assembled in order to close the gap between the longeron and the rear leg of the 904H. I'm talking about 1/16"-1/8" or so to make up for tolerance variation when you bend your longerons.
Steve

Back