What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-mag monitor & controller-new product

Not a new product.

Not really a new product, I have been running it for awhile now and love it. Surprised more people don't know about it. So far its been flawless and works amazing. I have dual P-mags in my -4 and wanted the ability to monitor them and make timing adjustments. I first started with the factory I-CAD from P-mag running on a laptop and while it worked it was unusable in flight and could only look at one mag at a time. I then looked at the EI Commander but its crazy expensive and would require panel space. I have found P-MAG adjustments are needed but not on every flight so no need to have a controller in the panel, plus I really like my super clean panel. So then I found the Engine Bridge and its fit the bill perfectly. The install is super easy, just a few wires then a simple download from the app store and then poof I had full control and monitoring of my P-MAGS in flight. I run Foreflight on a iPad so now I can just swipe apps and see at all times what my P-Mags are doing. I recently had a coil pack fail on a P-Mag and I could instantly see it on the app in flight, when I got the P-Mag's back from Brad I even used the app to swing my prop through after timing them to verify they both showed the came crank position through the 360 rotation. Now I'm not going to recommend this but you can fully make timing changes flying along, I have done a lot of experimenting with different P-Mag advances and its really neat to instantly see Speed/CHT/EGT change with a new timing. Now P-MAG says don't make changes in flight for safety reasons and again I'm not recommending it but the Engine Bridge does a great job of it and sure does let you find the correct timing for your engine. I don't normally take the time to write a review of a product but the Engine Bridge EI is truly a great product at great price.

So I'm running the WiFi adapter on my AF5400 and my iPad running Foreflight is connected to that. Will I have to connect to a different (EngineBridge) WiFi network to interact with that?

I did submit a different question about mounting through the EngineBridge website but did not receive reply.

So I'm running the WiFi adapter on my AF5400 and my iPad running Foreflight is connected to that. Will I have to connect to a different (EngineBridge) WiFi network to interact with that?

I did submit a different question about mounting through the EngineBridge website but did not receive reply.

Sorry for any website error. I just checked the "Contact us" form on the site to make sure it does email us and it worked now so maybe you used the "Comments" section, will get it checked.

Yes. The Engine Bridge has its own WI-FI network, though you don't need that connected all the time, just when you want to view a data or change a setting. If you are going to use the Analog Outputs to the Glass then the data will be displayed LIVE on the glass so only "Setting Change" you need. Also, you can use any phone rather than the iPad.

Back