What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Add me to the APRS tracking list, please

Fly the pattern much? Naw, just now and again, everyday. 5 T & Gs, 1 full stop, 30 minutes, 2 gallons of mogas. I don't want my camshaft to rust. Besides, I've got now where to go and no reason to go there. Dan from Reno

Smart ... or as we said where I grew up, "smaht". I enjoyed evening patterns when I was flying a Cub. Your tracks look like fun.

Last edited:
Add me in...

Well, I had been considering getting my Ham license for several years. When Doug posted that he had taken his test (and passed), it lit a fire under me. Took my Technician exam three weeks ago, my General exam one week ago, and looking forward to taking my Extra exam in the next few weeks.

Add me to the list as N5DRU (just got the vanity call approved today)

Don't have an APRS just yet, but have one on order and will be getting it going soon.

Well, I had been considering getting my Ham license for several years. When Doug posted that he had taken his test (and passed), it lit a fire under me. Took my Technician exam three weeks ago, my General exam one week ago, and looking forward to taking my Extra exam in the next few weeks.

Add me to the list as N5DRU (just got the vanity call approved today)

Don't have an APRS just yet, but have one on order and will be getting it going soon.

Welcome to the APRS community, Andrew! You will enjoy playing with your tracker and adding it to your aviation "toolkit". Looks like you may be headed for some serious hamming beyond APRS. :)

Welcome to the APRS community, Andrew! You will enjoy playing with your tracker and adding it to your aviation "toolkit". Looks like you may be headed for some serious hamming beyond APRS. :)

I just decided that if I was going to do it, then I might as well do it. I have been having fun with it already. Once I finish the Extra, it will be time to learn CW.

CW

I just decided that if I was going to do it, then I might as well do it. I have been having fun with it already. Once I finish the Extra, it will be time to learn CW.

I have been a ham since 1968, starting as a Novice and upgrading class by class to Extra. I learned CW so long ago that I am having to relearn it at speeds above 7 or 8 wpm.

FWIW what i have found to be most helpful relearning the code is FLDigi with FLWkey. I can listen to the CW signal and while decoding in my head see it decoded on the computer screen in front of me. I have the option of using either my key or the keyboard to respond.

My 93 y/o Dad did crossword puzzles his entire life to keep his mind sharp - I think crosswords suck, so opted to relearn the original binary language and then use it regularly for mind sharpening as I age.

John

PS DR please add my call sign to the airplane tracking list. Haven't decided for certain, but am considering a -12 suffix for the RV12 and -7 suffix for the RV-7 . . . Any thoughts? [ed. Wilco! Can you give me your N-number and/or Ham ID? v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
ARPS tracker add to list

Doug, please add N955DQ, an RV-10 to the list. KF4UIR. Thanks. Just have the tracker put together not yet installed.

Back