What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rv10 fuel Sf for GRT WS

nightflier

Patron
I lost the fuel worksheet for my RV10. I know I know I thought I had a backup, but I think it was written over and now lost. Could someone be so nice as to let me use their numbers until I can get de fueled and start over? I really just need the low and high numbers. I'll buy ya beer at OSH, if it happens this year......
Thanks,
Sam Marlow
513-482-one two three three

All else fails, keep your tanks full and fly by the clock. IMHO safer and accurate over a tank gauge. Stay safe.

All else fails, keep your tanks full and fly by the clock. IMHO safer and accurate over a tank gauge. Stay safe.

Or by the totalizer.

I was never able to get the gauges anywhere close-----plus they are inherently inaccurate at high level due to dihedral.

mine

mine for my RV10 with GRT EIS are
AUX3 left fuel tank 52 -- 157
AUX4 right fuel tank 52 -- 151

good luck

Or by the totalizer.

I was never able to get the gauges anywhere close-----plus they are inherently inaccurate at high level due to dihedral.

That’s odd. My (calibrated) gauges are always within a gal or so of the fuel totalizer number, except, of course, for the top five gallons in each tank, which as you said the float can’t see.

That’s odd. My (calibrated) gauges are always within a gal or so of the fuel totalizer number, except, of course, for the top five gallons in each tank, which as you said the float can’t see.

You did not get frustrated with the calibration process like I did:D

After 3 or 4 tries, I just said close enough.

New plane has sight gauges in wing root.....sweet.

Thanks

I knew I could count on VAF to come through. The comments were great and Tom, hope to see ya at OSH this year!
Thanks to you all, and be safe!
Sam Marlow

be cautious here. the starting and ending calibration values are going to be different for every plane as the builder does their own bending of the sending arm. This will create unique high and low resistance points for each different aircraft.

Larry

Back