What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Sport ARINC

tacaruth

Well Known Member
I have a problem with my GRT Sport SX, ARINC module, and Garmin 430W. They all communicate great until I start my engine. I have tried it with mag only and electronic ignition only with no success. I tried shutting down the 430W and engine, restarting the 430W with no success. I have to shut off the SX and 430W. Then, when restarted, communication is good. I have a backup battery that runs the SX during engine start so I don't think its voltage sag. Is this probably an ARINC wire routing issue? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Does the said battery feed the ARINC module as well during start-up? Have you considered not having 'em on during startup? Does it work then?

Could be the Vibration

Could be vibration from the engine shorting an exposed spade connector against a rib or bulkhead, or working a bad crimp as well.

Hans

Great Thought!

Does the said battery feed the ARINC module as well during start-up? Have you considered not having 'em on during startup? Does it work then?

Great Point. The backup, emergency battery only goes to the SX so there might be a voltage sag that the ARINC module does not like. I will look at installing a power switch for the ARINC module. Too bad the ARINC module does not have a dual source option like the SX has.

Thanks, Tom

Back