What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lake Texoma / Cedar Mills

tacaruth

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Anybody out there have any experience at either lake Texoma (F31) or Cedar Mills (3T0). I'm lookin' for a place to camp or stay in a close motel/inn for a long weekend. Is there anything to do close to either airport? What's the condition of the runways? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom, RV-7A, N175TJ Flying

F31 is just a runway next to a convience store. Blacktop in pretty good shape, plenty long for your 7A. You will only use half of it, it slopes downhill to the south. I think there are lodges nearby that will pick you up. Catfish bay is in walking distance with camping equipment if you are in decent shape. I don't know about camping spots tho.

Cedar Mills is where you want to go. Very nice cabins and restaurant. Grass strip, pretty smooth...remember to dodge the tree on approach. Some use it as a aiming point :)

I was into F31 a month ago but havn't been into Cedar Mills since last summer. It is on my soon to do list.

Hi All,

Anybody out there have any experience at either lake Texoma (F31) or Cedar Mills (3T0). I'm lookin' for a place to camp or stay in a close motel/inn for a long weekend. Is there anything to do close to either airport? What's the condition of the runways? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom, RV-7A, N175TJ Flying

I've been in there in my Cherokee a couple of times. I think you'll really enjoy it. I plan to go back sometime this summer as my father in law has a cabin on the lake just a mile or so away. A lot of info is at:

http://www.cedarmills.com/airfield.htm

check out the link to the cottages

Cedar Mills is where you want to go. Very nice cabins and restaurant. Grass strip, pretty smooth...remember to dodge the tree on approach. Some use it as a aiming point :)

The tree is not actually in line with runway 25. It just looks that way. If you are lined up for the runway, you will miss the tree.

Back