What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rod End Bearings ???

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I think I have the wrong rod end bearings installed on my F-665 pushrod. The drawing calls out M3414 but the parts I have installed are marked CM-4. Does anyone know what the width of the bearing should be? I have about an 1/8" gap even when I install the 2 washers when trying to mount the pushrod to the stick.

I've sent a request to Vans, but I'm trying to move on with my life and this is holding it up. :D Yes its a sickness.

I just did th
is a couple of days ago. I added an additional washer to take up the space.

I'm not at the plane where I can measure it right now, but there is a diagram in section 5 of the build manual that shows all the different hardware at 100% scale.

Terry,

The information that is in the Section 5 table is exactly what I was looking for. I have the wrong parts somehow. I actually didn't notice that the hole in the bearing wasn't the right size either. It seems like I'll need an extra washer too since my gap is about an 1/8" and the correct bearing is 1/16" wider. Thanks for the help.

Back