What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source for SW P60G2 in smaller quantities

georgemohr

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I was looking for a source to buy Sherman Williams P60G2 in smaller quantities than a gallon.

As a side note, I can't find this product listed on any SW website. Did they discontinue it?

TY!
George

I have never seen it in anything other than gallons. Any Sherwin Williams industrial / automotive supply store should have it or be able to get it for you. The general Sherwin Williams consumer paint stores often don’t have it or seem to be unwilling to get it.

My local SW store got it for me, but only in gallon size. I did get a “manufacturer’s discount”, since I told them according to the FAA I was a manufacturer. The discount ended up applying every time I bought anything. :cool:

Try Aero Touchups.com. They have a kit of 16 oz. P60G2 and 24 oz. of reducer/catalyst. Makes 40 oz of sprayable liquid.

Not cheap but no waste since their kit contains the appropriate quantities.

Last edited:
P60G2

Scott is the expert. For what it's worth...

I got mine from a Denver SW Auto Paint supplier. As I prefer to mix it 1:2, I bought two gallons of catalyst. Almost finished the plane. Had to buy another batch. I sprayed Jet Flex SB interior. I got lucky and a pro pajnter happened to be in the store. Lots of tips. He still used it as a wash primer on aluminum.

I thought QB kits already had P60G2 primer but maybe that's changed now. Personally, I would find out exactly what was sprayed because not all products play well together. Contact the manufacturer and ask about compatibility, surface prep, etc.

That said, if I build another, I'll spray one paint as a primer/interior paint. Kirker EnduroPrime. 2K epoxy primer. Available in white, gray and black. Pretty easy to mix almost any neutral color. Shoot a fog and two medium coats. Keep some without catalyst for touch ups.

Last edited:
Try Aero Touchups.com. They have a kit of 16 oz. P60G2 and 24 oz. of reducer/catalyst. Makes 40 oz of sprayable liquid.

Not cheap but no waste since their kit contains the appropriate quantities.

Exactly what I was hoping to find, TY!!

Back