What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Traffic Display on iPad Garmin Pilot

Kupde

Patron
Since I’ve been flying for the last few years I’ve always been able to see traffic on the iPad using Garmin Pilot. I have an RV-10 with G3X touch, GTN 650 and a GTX45R transponder. I’ve always had the Bluetooth connection through the G3X touch and the iPad. For some reason the traffic no longer appears on my iPad and I can’t seem to figure out why. I have a Bluetooth connection to the G3X touch, but I see no GTX45R available for Bluetooth and I can’t remember if it was connected that way anyway. Anyone have any thought?

Thanks
Kevin
RV-10
Carson City

Since I’ve been flying for the last few years I’ve always been able to see traffic on the iPad using Garmin Pilot. I have an RV-10 with G3X touch, GTN 650 and a GTX45R transponder. I’ve always had the Bluetooth connection through the G3X touch and the iPad. For some reason the traffic no longer appears on my iPad and I can’t seem to figure out why. I have a Bluetooth connection to the G3X touch, but I see no GTX45R available for Bluetooth and I can’t remember if it was connected that way anyway. Anyone have any thought?

Thanks
Kevin
RV-10
Carson City
Kevin,

Since the GTX 45R is the ADS-B traffic/weather receiver in your aircraft, the tablet will need to be connected via Bluetooth directly to the GTX 45R to receive traffic/weather.

For an installation with a GTN 650 and a GTX 45R, you will need to go to the Bluetooth Setup page on the GTN to make the GTX 45R visible to the tablet to establish a new connection.

Steve

Back