What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transporting pets in a tandem

linnflohr

I'm New Here
This may sound stupid, but I would really like to buy an 8. But I have a dog I would like to take on Cross Countries. One idea I have come up with is to remove the rear stick and make a platform for her to lie down on. If anyone has a good idea, I would appreciate it. I might have to go to a 7 to solve the problem.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Linn, welcome to VAF----good to have you aboard.

There have been quite a few prior threads about transporting rescue dogs in RV's, I would suspect the folks who do that can help with your questions.

Try using the search function in the tool bar above.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=105 lot of dog stuff in here also.

Good luck, and again, welcome.

Last edited:
Search is definitely your friend!

I will add that I had this very conversation this very morning with a very active rescue dog pilot. The pefered solution is to remove the stick and install a crate.

This is especially true for the rescue activities since the flight would be unfamiliar. I plan to do it even for my own companion because I want to know they are safe and not be concentrating on them in case of any high demand flying situations.

Back seat

I fly dogs in back pretty often- both for pnp, and my Airedale. Pull the back stick, throw in a thick blanket and off you go.

I. Resurecting this thread because I'm still struggling with getting a good setup. I have an RV-8 and currently only one Pug. She's gotvlots of road miles but even at 7yrs, she still has a lot of "puppy" in her.

I'm sure I can pad out most of the back but I'm thinking I also need som form of barrier orvrestraint.

Anyone with some experience in this area ? I'm eager for input !

Back