What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish Kit RV-8A

mattsmith

Well Known Member
Maybe a dumb question but when did you order your finish kit? I have completed most of the empennage, just need to roll the leading edge and the fiberglass. QB wings are done as far as I can go, just need to pull wire for lights. QB fuselage has the floor in, seat backs done consoles about done, ruder pedals done just need to install once the empennage is mounted. I also have IO-360 ready to go. What I have Left is aft upper skin, forward upper skin, baggage door, panel, and what i am not remembering. the finish kit has about a 8 week lead time and I work on the project about 10 hours a week, when should I order the finish kit? Also what sequence did you follow as far as the panel , engine, finish kit and FWF installation goes? As always any help is greatly appreciated.

don't delay

I forget how far ahead I ordered mine, but it wasn't far enough. Primarily because things seemed to go fater toward the end. I think you may find yourself running out of tasks quicker than you might think, and wish you had it around to at least begin some of the smaller items. Especially since you have quite a lot accomplsihed already.

I just ordered the finish kit for my slowbuild -8 and you are a little ahead of me with respect to the fuselage. I'd rather have it waiting for me than me for it...

Back