What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info on Savannah Ga. area

SST110

I'm New Here
I am looking for info on the Savannah Ga. and/or the southeast S.C. area, an employment opportunity may lead me to relocate to that general area. I?m wondering what property values/ rental cost are, taxes, utilities etc. I would like to live within a 30-45 min. commute to Savannah International area. I?m also very interested in flight training, I just soloed a few weeks ago and have put training on hold until this gets figured out. I?m not so sure I would like to continue training at Savannah International. Cost would be the issue, from what I have found so far, training at SAV would be about 40% more than I am paying now. Any info on training at Hilton Head or Statesboro? I would eventually like to begin my own RV project, how many RV owners/builders in the area?
Thanks

Hi Paul....

......There is a really neat fly-in community about a 30 minute drive south of Savannah named Eagle Neck with a 3400' paved runway and hangars next to the homes. There are several nice homes for sale and since the real estate slump, bargains as well.

There are beautiful marsh views in this gated community....a great place to live. PM me for more info and also Google Eagle Neck...FAA id is 1GA0 (zero).

Regards,

Statesboro GA is about 40 miles inland from SAV. Airport is TBR. Nice community with Georgia Southern there.

Give me a call at 912...897-9093 and I could probably answer most of your questions about Savannah.

sav

look up pegasus air in statesboro- - if you haven't already. probably less $$ than savannah aviation. send me a message if you want a cfi contact. the best one around here is a friend of mine, and he'd be happy to chat with you.

we have 2 rv's in sav of which I'm aware- - mine (8SP) & T Swezey's (10). have heard allegations of a -7 in work in the area. there are several rv's at eagle neck- - great place to live/play. we need more rv'ers here, so you'd be a welcome addition to the community.

Back