What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What yokes am I going to wish I had?

I am about to place an order for a pneumatic squeezer - I've had my fill of hand squeezing rivets - and since I'm placing the order already, I may as well plan ahead. What squeezer yokes did you require for your RV-10 build that I should go ahead and buy now?

I used the 3" and longeron yoke the most.
I have a 4" no-hole yoke and maybe only used it once.

What Paul said. I count 6 here in my drawer, not including the big alligator squeezer.

Yokes

So far, I've only used the 3", 4" and the longeron yokes. Seems to be adequate so far, but I'm only about 5 months into this.

3" and longeron yoke the most. There's some rivets I recall in the empennage that you can't get to without a no-hole yoke.

I agree with what was previously said. I use the Longeron and 3" exclusively. I have the 4" (the no-hole), but can't recall that in the construction of four airplanes that I've ever used it.

My thought is that for the very rare rivet I can't get with the two common yokes, I just use my rivet gun and a bucking bar - which is inevitably much faster than swapping out yokes and setting up the squeeze depth just for those 1 or 2 rivets.

Back