What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LOE 2012

If it wasn't for us exhibiting at Copperstate I'd be there. Dang.

First time

Never been to LOE, is there anywhere to view a schedule of the events. When is the best time to arrive?

Never been to LOE, is there anywhere to view a schedule of the events. When is the best time to arrive?
Schedule of events for LOE are as follows:
  1. Land and park airplane
  2. Pull out folding chair and sit down
  3. Visit with anyone who walks by
  4. After a while, get up, walk by someone else's plane and talk with them
  5. Repeat events 2-4 as often as desired
  6. Oh, and have a great time at the Saturday night dinner and raffle party!
  7. On Sunday, gather folding chair up and place in airplane
  8. climb in airplane, taxi to runway and take off for home after a great time!

Don't forget an ice cream run after the banquet Sat night. Tanya will probably be passing out map flyers to Braums for anybody that has transportation.

Steve,
You missed one, but don't worry...I've added it for you in it's proper place in the sequence. :D

Schedule of events for LOE are as follows:
  1. Land and park airplane
  2. Find Tanya Card and get a cookie!
  3. Pull out folding chair and sit down
  4. Visit with anyone who walks by
  5. After a while, get up, walk by someone else's plane and talk with them
  6. Repeat events 3-5 as often as desired
  7. Oh, and have a great time at the Saturday night dinner and raffle party!
  8. On Sunday, gather folding chair up and place in airplane
  9. climb in airplane, taxi to runway and take off for home after a great time!

HELP!!! CAN'T FIND??????

....We can not find the place, page or phone to sign up for sponsorship. We have a very special, one of a kind, priceless item that any pilot or aviation enthusiast should love and cherish to be raffled. Allan:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
....We can not find the place, page or phone to sign up for sponsorship. We have a very special, one of a kind item that any pilot or aviation enthusiast should love and cherish to be raffled. Allan:confused::confused::confused:
I would say contacting Russ (the original poster of this thread) or Doug directly should get you what you need.

Boy, I can't believe that I haven't seen more buzz this week about LOE.

I can't go because of work, but Louise is going to try and be there .... I sure hope she doesn't fly all the way up there to find an empty aerodrome!

Anybody going to be there besides the crickets in the field?

Boy, I can't believe that I haven't seen more buzz this week about LOE.

I can't go because of work, but Louise is going to try and be there .... I sure hope she doesn't fly all the way up there to find an empty aerodrome!

Anybody going to be there besides the crickets in the field?

UH, YEAH!!! part of the 11 - 11 will be there, whether she is or not :).

Have cash from all around this great country, we'll be there. You're going to miss the once per year that I mingle over ice cream. You should send Tsam to come see ME.

LOE

I would think this year's turnout would be larger than last year's since the weather will be better. A cold front came through today and the highs will be in the mid 50's for the next few days. Lows in the mornings could dip into the 30's/40's. Dress accordingly!

Quite a few of us Oklahoma folks will be there for sure.

Saturday

Cant go today due to prior commitments but plan on being there Tomorrow for the day.

I was hoping to make it but with the storm moving up the east coast, that now seems unlikely.

Major bummer!

Have fun everyone!

Okay everyone in the southwest

Would everyone in the southwest U.S. please start blowing really hard towards the east? Maybe, turn on your heat guns, hairdryers, and leave blowers and aim them east? It looks like there is a stalled weather system along my route from College Station to Weatherford causing some rain, some thunderstorms, and cold temperatures. Please help blow it out to the east and send some warmer weather to Weatherford! :p

Temperature in Weatherford is currently 4C with 21kt winds. I sure didn't pack for these sort of temperatures when I left home earlier this week. We haven't seen these sort of temperatures in this part of the world for.....well, for longer than I can remember. Brrrrrrrr.

Please help. Start blowing hot air this way. Too bad Texas and Oklahoma aren't "contested" races for the upcoming election. If we were, I'm sure we'd have more than enough politicians bringing plenty of hot air this way. ;)

Russ or Russ,

Where can T-Shirts be purchased if we're not going to make LOE? I'm sure a lot of folks would love to buy 2-3 each as Plane Wear. :D

I want a couple for the hangar side of the closet. (XL Please)

Contact the Weatherford airport re: the T shirts. It is cold here but wam inside. Come on Louise, they have a shuttle bus and a wall mart.

Russ or Russ,

Where can T-Shirts be purchased if we're not going to make LOE? I'm sure a lot of folks would love to buy 2-3 each as Plane Wear. :D

I want a couple for the hangar side of the closet. (XL Please)

Made it over to LOE for a few hours today:cool:. This is really a great event & it was nice to put a face to a few names I see on here. Will definatly need to think about staying entire weekend next year. People at KOJA were great, saw some GREAT RV's, & talked to alot of really nice folks.:) Best of all another cross country in the RV 3:D.

Come on Louise, they have a shuttle bus and a wall mart.

Well, the weather down near the coast conspired against Louise last night - she couldn't get out of College Station due to rain and low clouds. Since we have to be at another event here in town early this evening (scheduled before the LOE delay), she would have had to leave Weaetherford soon after she coudl have arrived, and it didn't make sense for her to fly up for just a few hours, so she headed home this morning. It turned out our EAA chapter was short airplanes for a static display at Wing's Over Houston, so we popped the airplanes over to Ellington for the weekend.

Let's hope I have better luck for Petit Jean next week.

LOE 2012 - Write Up

Weather was cold and windy on Friday but warmed up some on Saturday and winds calmed down a little. Very low turnout on Friday, about 10 RV?s. Social Hour beer and wine provided by Richard and Steve Fowler of America?s Engines and served by Casey O?Connor (wife of Lucille?s Roadhouse Manager, Justin O?Connor who provided $6.99 free appetizer coupons to one and all to use at Lucille?s Roadhouse).
Social hour ended 4 hours later and most people retired to Lucille?s Roadhouse and could not eat all the food with all the free appetizers.
Saturday turned out to be a great day to visit and Lucille?s Roadhouse supplied lunch out of their lunch wagon with either burgers or brats, a drink and chips for $5.00 with ALL proceeds, not just profits, donated to the charity. Senator Jim Inhofe spoke after lunch to a small crowd. Mostly about politics but a little about the Pilots Bill of Rights he sponsored in the US Senate.
Happy hour started early on Saturday (earlier for some more than others who went down to watch Texas Tech be embarrassed by Kansas State) and continued through dinner. Russ and Ann Daves having attended every LOE event except one since the year 2000 and the majority of the crowd felt that the food this year was the best ever!!! BBQ on one serving line, Shrimp Cajun Food and Gumbo on another serving line. Seconds were had by many!!
After a prayer the running of the Russ?s took place tossing out ball caps donated by Lightspeed Headsets and GLO Custom Painting. Followed by a long list of thanks given to all the people both from the airport as well as those who just pitched in and made the event special.
Over $17,000.00 in raffle prizes were donated with the drawing done by a couple of cute 6 year old girls. 49 Raffle Items were awarded. Because of the small turnout, 17 RV?s, 1 Long Eze, and 1 C-182 on the flight line for the Raffle there were a lot of multiple winners.
The Raffle sales raised $4,560.00 for the Charity, plus the following:
$260.00 Cash Donation from Lunch Sales by Lucille?s Roadhouse and $240.00 individual cash donation from Justin ?O?Connor Manager of Lucille?s Roadhouse and wife Casey O?Connor.

$100.00 Cash donation by Doug Reeves; $100.00 from re-sale of one raffle prize; and $300.00 from Auction of one raffle Prize.

Russ Kamtz raised over $4,000.00 in Cash Donations from various businesses and individuals prior to the event in Colorado by holding a golf tournament and getting a Christian Charity Foundation to match the funds raised at the golf tournament along with just talking up the LOE Charity Fly-In event to individuals and small businesses who put money in the pot. Such $4,000.00 was NOT for purchase of raffle tickets just straight donations. Way to go, Russ Kamtz!!! You de man!!!

Barbara Jones, Director of the FOOD 4 KIDS program in Weatherford thanked everyone for their generosity and the $9,560.00 and reminded the crowd that last year Russ Daves challenged her to expend the FOOD 4 KIDS program at the Elementary School on to the Middle School as well, which because of the donations received from the LOE Fly-In she was able to do this year.

Naturally the diehards retired to Brahm?s for ice cream after the raffle. Women reported that the shopping was great in downtown. The airport staff did a fantastic job with everything on the premises to make the event top-notch!

An executive decision was made to set the date for next year on September 27-29, 2013 with a rain date of October 4-6, 2013, again at Weatherford Airport (KOJA). So, put this on your calendar now! Mark it on your calendar. Russ Daves and Russ Kamtz agreed to Co-Chair the event another year.

Back