What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust with the Airflow systems AC compressor

I installed the Airflow Systems A/C system in my RV-10, along with the Van's provided Vetterman exhaust with the Lycoming IO-540 with no interference between exhaust and A/C system.

Regards,

Same here. No issues…

I installed the Airflow Systems A/C system in my RV-10, along with the Van's provided Vetterman exhaust with the Lycoming IO-540 with no interference between exhaust and A/C system.

Regards,

Exhaust feeding into AirFlow pod?

I'm building an RV-10 and have just rec'd the QB Fuselage. I'm wanting to install the AirFlow Systems AC. I'm wondering how the stock exhaust that comes with the Finishing Kit (seems from your comments that it is a Vetterman product?) avoids feeding the intake pod under the Fuselage? Feeding HOT exhaust into the condenser section would seem to be unwanted for lots of reasons.
There's a pic on the AirFlow Systems site for the Glasair II in flight that shows the exhaust trail stain from the co-pilot's side pipes feeding right into the belly scoop.

iu

Also, I heard that installing this sooner rather than later would be of advantage. The tunnel is basically empty at this point. I'm thinking of limiting my Fuel Injection choices to basic Vans Lycoming options in order to not overly complicate the tunnel. Any input is appreciated!

I'm building an RV-10 and have just rec'd the QB Fuselage. I'm wanting to install the AirFlow Systems AC. I'm wondering how the stock exhaust that comes with the Finishing Kit (seems from your comments that it is a Vetterman product?) avoids feeding the intake pod under the Fuselage? Feeding HOT exhaust into the condenser section would seem to be unwanted for lots of reasons.
There's a pic on the AirFlow Systems site for the Glasair II in flight that shows the exhaust trail stain from the co-pilot's side pipes feeding right into the belly scoop.

iu

Also, I heard that installing this sooner rather than later would be of advantage. The tunnel is basically empty at this point. I'm thinking of limiting my Fuel Injection choices to basic Vans Lycoming options in order to not overly complicate the tunnel. Any input is appreciated!

I will say the scoop on a 10 will be a bit further aft then that photo of the glas air.

I agree with your statement that installing the A/C system early can be an advantage. I didn't want to add the A/C hoses to the tunnel on my RV-10, particularly in the already crowded area around the fuel valve where the heater SCAT tubing is also run. So I ran my hoses up the sides of the fuselage. Bill Genevro (Airflow Systems) helped with this by providing me with L-fittings instead of Z-fittings to run from the condenser into the fuselage, thus bringing them just outside of the tunnel. Bill also provided the additional hose lengths I needed. Great support from Bill throughout my build/install efforts.

Also, installing the scoop before starting to close up the cabin/baggage area floors makes it possible to inspect the rivnuts for interferences, and possibly even consider using plate nuts in some locations.

Regards,

Back