What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior - Not Quoting

skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
Just a data point for people looking at engines:

I'm a couple of years from needing an engine, but times being what they are, I've been looking at options so I can absorb the long lead times and not get caught without an engine when I'm ready. Most major shops have given me quotes and lead times of 10+ months. Superior is the first to not provide a quote at all, and they won't even take an order because their delivery times are between 1-2 years right now. So even if you're fine with an extended lead time and just want to get your name in the queue by placing an order, it doesn't sound like it's an option with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do some research on VAF and see what many people think of superior right now anyways. Customer support and doing the right thing are not their MO apparently.

If you are interested in looking into other options, you may consider contacting Jimmy Brod at JBAircraft Engines Sebring Florida.

He built this one for me. Caveat: I haven't started/run it yet, but I've eaten 3 full bags of chips while staring at it.

Toll Free 877-JBA-2FLY
Jimmy Brod A&P 3016060 IA
President: JB Aircraft Engine Service Inc.
www.jbaircraftengines.com
[email protected]
Carter Aviation Group LLC.
863-655-5000 shop
863-381-1530 cell

Attachments

• JBAircraft Engines XIO-360-M1B.jpeg
    JBAircraft Engines XIO-360-M1B.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 280
I suspect Superior is in a lot of trouble right now. I have to be careful, because I see they're still an advertiser here and I know VAF does not want to allow vendor bashing. But everyone who was burned by the crankshaft AD remains burned, including myself. The AMOC continues to go nowhere, despite claims that it was actually submitted. As a result, no one can get their losses settled. I'd like to hear what the moderators here think of this situation; their honest opinions; no politics. This whole situation just isn't right.

If you are interested in looking into other options, you may consider contacting Jimmy Brod at JBAircraft Engines Sebring Florida.

He built this one for me. Caveat: I haven't started/run it yet, but I've eaten 3 full bags of chips while staring at it.

Toll Free 877-JBA-2FLY
[email protected]
863-655-5000 shop
863-381-1530 cell

Winning the internet that day! :D

Jimmy, at JB Aircraft engine is gold. He stands behind his product even when an issue has nothing to do with his work (manufacturer defect). I cannot speak highly enough about him.

Toll Free 877-JBA-2FLY
[email protected]
863-655-5000 shop
863-381-1530 cell

Jimmy did an overhaul on my 10’s engine last year. I’ve put 90 hours on the engine over the last nine months and have been very happy so far.
AE75DD5C-BE85-43ED-A634-DBEFCAEA34AF.jpeg

Back