What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HELP - GPS failures

edstepec

Hi All and I'm sure someone has configured GPS this way before. I have an RV6A, Recently installed Dynon Skyview and an IFLY 740 GPS. Both work well. I just installed a Stratux ADSB-in which is configured with an external antenna and when I power up Stratux, I lose GPS signal on both GPS. The IFLY and Stratux both have external antenna. The Stratux indicates all is well with signals and heartbeats. Any idea what is going on? Perhaps to many antennas or to close to each other? Any advice is certainly appreciated. Ed

Likely too close to each other on the antennae - some powered antennae don't play nice with each other. Try separating them temporarily as far as the cable will reach and fire it up, that will tell you. Typically those that don't play well with others need to be 18"-24" away.

Problem solved. The Stratux external GPS was either to close to the Dynon GPS receiver or the Stratux antennas. My opinion, way to many antennas..... Thank you all for your responses! Ed

Problem solved. The Stratux external GPS was either to close to the Dynon GPS receiver or the Stratux antennas. My opinion, way to many antennas..... Thank you all for your responses! Ed

Back