What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Virtual Paint Job and Color Scheme Options

Frankster13

What is the best way to view potential paint scheme options. As I get ready for paint on my RV-14A I would like to find a website or app that will allow me to explore various colors and designs.

I recently used Microsoft Paint to play with ideas on a project - at least to get good enough ideas to guide my eventual choice of designer/painter (John Stahr) in the direction I wanted to go. I just started with a blank three-view and started to add colors. The curve drawing tools work reasonably well.

Don’t laugh at using a primitive, non-dedicated program....I used to do my paint scheme design with colored pencils on xeroxed blank three-views.... :)

Similar approach to Paul when it came to the design for my RV-8. I used the 3-view from Vans and then used my choice of photo editor / paint programs. (in my case it was GIMP).

http://elder.ninja/blog/p/3222

It was enough for the paint shop to work with me on picking color codes and for them to mask and paint. The only thing I had to explain was the under-wing color (which is not yellow).

20120426-083943-575x431.jpg

Back