What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: YIO-360-M1B Exhaust Choice

Chattin35

Well Known Member
For the taildraggers, if you install a 4-pipe system instead of the crossover, there is plenty of clearance around the throttle cable. You don't have to mess with bending/fabbing a new throttle bracket. It's a very nice, clean install. Recommended.

Edit: installed a Vetterman on mine.

Last edited:
if you mean the AWI exhaust, +1 Great folks! I thought mine needed adjustment, and Eric has said "send it back" but it was just me, I installed/adjusted in a different manner and it was perfect. I will be a little close to the cowl exit on the SJ injected as the exit chute is smaller than the carb or vans.

BTW it is a little close to the RR sump plug if you want to install the Raven/Christen oil return. I will post my install pict when done on this specifically.

I looked at the AWI web site and they mention power increase. I need an exhaust for an RV-8 with IO-360-M1B engine.
Does anyone have this setup with this exhaust system that can comment on performance?

Do they offer a Heater muff?

Back