What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Microair 760 Com Radio Repair Request

FlyinTed

I own two Microair 760 Com Radios and both of them no longer are in working condition. I would like to get one of these radios repaired but do not have a source. I am looking for avionics shop that has the ability to repair Microair Com radios? I believe that Microair is no longer in business so that service is not available.

Ted Gauthier, RV-6
Pontiac, Michigan

I own two Microair 760 Com Radios and both of them no longer are in working condition. I would like to get one of these radios repaired but do not have a source. I am looking for avionics shop that has the ability to repair Microair Com radios? I believe that Microair is no longer in business so that service is not available.

Ted Gauthier, RV-6
Pontiac, Michigan

I had a couple of Microair 760s repaired by this guy. He did good work at reasonable price. All I have left is his phone number (814) 882 2855. All he works on is Microair.

I have one sitting on the shelf, its tuner is a bit flaky. I called him a few years ago, he can fix some of them depending on which version they are. mine is a first version like serial number 11, and he said that he could not fix it. parts were just not available for it. but give him a call and see.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

I had a couple of Microair 760s repaired by this guy. He did good work at reasonable price. All I have left is his phone number (814) 882 2855. All he works on is Microair.

Thanks, I will give him a call. Really appreciate the contact info.

Ted

I have one sitting on the shelf, its tuner is a bit flaky. I called him a few years ago, he can fix some of them depending on which version they are. mine is a first version like serial number 11, and he said that he could not fix it. parts were just not available for it. but give him a call and see.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Thanks Bob for taking time to reply. I will keep everyone posted as to what I find out.

Ted

I have tried to call the number listed in the replies and get a voicemail. I have left several messages with no response.

Microair 760 channel knob

My early model microair 760 sat unused for almost 2 years. When first operated again it was very hard to select channels, kept skipping around as the knob was rotated. I sat in the aircraft, in the hangar, powered up, for about an hour gently rotating the knob on both xxx. and .xxx sides of the display. It finally works again!

Back