What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need A & P in SF Bay Area

Performance_taco

I'm New Here
Looking for an A & P to do a pre buy inspection on an RV-6A in Concord, Ca (SF Bay Area). Anyone with recommendations please pm me or post.

Thank you

Thank you Mike, however, my lender requires an FAA certified A&P to sign off on the pre buy inspection. :(

Lee Apaka in Rio Vista. Goes by jetmech here. Multiple builder A&P. :D
His Stuff below:
RV-7
Chelton Flt sys
TMX REDGOLD IO-360/Dual EFII
RV-3a/o-320 Old School style Brada
Speed is life! Bank it & Yank it for the G's
Xtra Dues paid 2016 thxs again DR!
Home base -o88

Last edited:
Whoever you get to do your pre-buy, make sure they give you a checklist of Van's Service Bulletins that have been done / not done; AD list on Engine, Prop, and radios done / not done; and a list of last inspections done / not done on engine, prop, mags. This info should be in the logs with dates / times that appliance was replaced / inspected. (Yes there are ADs against radios/transponders.)

Have seen prebuy done on an RV-6 that had gone over 1,000 hours without mag inspections and buyer was not aware and had an unexpected expense for mag work.

This can help you in budgeting expenses that you will incur after you own the airplane.

I can also recommend Lee at Team Light in Rio Vista O88. Great guy, knowledgeable about RV's, and lots of other stuff too. He's done good work for me and I am a repeat customer.

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone. My whole life has been flying airplanes but I've never owned one so its pretty overwhelming. Appreciate all your help. Lee is doing the pre-buy on my airplane.

Back