What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Build Blog

Battjn

I'm New Here
Hi all,

Been reading up on the world of RV's and playing with the idea of building one myself down the track (at least a couple of years away yet)

Builders blogs (and this site) have been very handy for some light reading and helped to give me an insight as to wether or not it's all beyond me.

Anyhow just wondering what is the most informative RV7 blog you have come across to date by way of pictures, description of build steps, hints, tips ect.

Thanks.

There are dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) to choose from. As you surf VAF many people have their logs in the signatures, like mine. You can find projects that way, or you can just google "RV7 Blog" "RV7 build log" etc....

It's fun finding them. Some are done very well and chronicle the process very thoroughly. Others are simply a place to keep proof that you built your plane. Surf around and have fun. I use a lot of different ones depending on my question.

PS: Welcome to VAF!

Don't forget Chad Jensens site.

Chad, can you put the google search option back up on your build log?

It's on my list of things to take care of on my site this weekend. The code got messed up, and is the reason I took it down. It should be back up over the weekend (the search, site is fine).

:cool:

It's on my list of things to take care of on my site this weekend. The code got messed up, and is the reason I took it down. It should be back up over the weekend (the search, site is fine).

:cool:

Awesome, I probably reference your site at least once for every task along the way.

BTW, are those LED pos lights you have still in production? You can PM me the details, couldn't find them on the link you referenced.

in my opinion

BATTJN,

Ron Duren's blog is listed at the bottom of his reply. Don't miss it for the photography and the commentary.

Hopefully, though, when someone in the future asks this question again, we'll be able to steer them to your site, right? ;)

Thanks everyone

Been reading through a few already, pretty much read Chad's blog front to back already, Iv'e bookmarked it for future reference as I think it will be very helpful. I'll be sure to check out the others.

Reading blogs has actually been quite interesting and it's giving me some good ideas with how to tackle my 7 when I hopefully start it one day.

Building In Perth

Battjn,

I am in Perth nearing the end of an RV7 build. If you like, get in touch and you are welcome to come over for a look and chat.

Rob

Hi Rob

Im in the process of changing jobs, moving house ect at the moment. Once thats all taken care of I'll be sure to try and track you down, hopefully when I get closer to ordering the first kit and sorting a build location. Love to see some pics once your finished. Theres certainly no shortage of them over here, currently following a blog of one thats being built just south of Perth at the moment. I was in Albany a few weeks ago and their was at least half a dozen various RV's parked on the apron down there.

QB Blogs

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone happens to recommend a builders blog that are specific to the QB Fuse and Wings?

The Journey is about to begin

Back