What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RSA fuel servo

grubac

Hello all!

Precision Airmotive and Lycoming both claim, that if your engine is equipped with a RSA fuel injector, you then have no need for a return fuel line.

The fact is, however, many pilots opt for the return fuel line anways with the hopes of better eliminating vapour lock and maintaining fuel line pressure.

I was wondering if there are any pilots out there with a RSA fuel servo, which did not opt for a return fuel line.

Do you have any hot-start issues? Is there some tricks you carry out to ensure a good engine start?

I'd be really interested in hearing any thoughts about this.

all the best

Grubac

Hello all!

Precision Airmotive and Lycoming both claim, that if your engine is equipped with a RSA fuel injector, you then have no need for a return fuel line. The fact is, however, many pilots opt for the return fuel line anways with the hopes of better eliminating vapour lock and maintaining fuel line pressure. I was wondering if there are any pilots out there with a RSA fuel servo, which did not opt for a return fuel line. Do you have any hot-start issues? Is there some tricks you carry out to ensure a good engine start? I'd be really interested in hearing any thoughts about this.

all the best

Grubac

Done it that way many times for many years with no issue (as have many, many builders over the years)....and in fact with an EI, my engine seems to start as well as or better than everyone elses that is FI. Even my old RV6 with 2 slick mags and an RSA system never left me stranded. The return line is aimed more at the AFP systems with the purge valve (which by the way Don Rivera is fantastic to deal with), and the people who opt to add it to the RSA system many times do so based on some elusive info they "read" or "heard" rather than 1st hand experience. Not saying it's terrible or wrong or bad, just proven as needed...

At least that's my experience!

Cheers,
Stein

Back