What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visible Registration Storage

219PB

Well Known Member
Just wanted to know what others have used to display their registration in the cockpit. On my old spam can, there was a clear pocket on the lower left corner of the side wall. My RV-6A does not have any side panels in this area and was contemplating an adhesive backed clear pocket of some sort.

What have others done?

Just wanted to know what others have used to display their registration in the cockpit. On my old spam can, there was a clear pocket on the lower left corner of the side wall. My RV-6A does not have any side panels in this area and was contemplating an adhesive backed clear pocket of some sort.
What have others done?

First, registration does not need to be displayed in the cockpit. It's the Airworthiness Certificate that is to be displayed. The registration must be IN the aircraft, but not necessarily "displayed".
In my RV-6, I used velcro to adhere a clear pocket to the inside of the skin next to my left knee to display the A/W Cert.

Same as Mel - display pockets are available from ACS and I just velcro them to the side of the cockpit. In my tiny jet, I also needed a place for the Ops Lims and assorted documents, so I got a larger zippered clear pocket from Office Depot and velcroed it to the side of the leg well - works great!

NAPA auto parts store clear document sleeve.
I cut off the elastic straps on the back meant to fit around a sun visor, then glued a couple of strips of velcro to the back with matching strips on the side of the baggage compartment. Use Proseal; contact cement never lasts (on this and any other interior velcro etc.)

Back