What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Leap taken

BOHICA

Well Known Member
Ordered my RV-14A Empennage/tail kit today. Should be here just in time for my vacation. Lots of flexibility on that.

Almost completed my practice kits (light box and RV training product). Learned a lot doing those. They are not perfect. But my skill improved as I worked on them too were I have the confidence I can do this.

Need to find an EAA tech adviser in my area that can help. Found the numbers on the EAA website. I guess I just call?

Last edited:
I would definitely call or email your local EAA chapter and consider joining. My chapter has been a wealth of information for my RV-14A build. The guys (and gals) have been helpful when I needed muscle as well (moving the plane to the airport, attaching the wings, etc.).

You should also take a look at the EAA website. At the top of the main page under "Aircraft Building" click on "Volunteer Assistance", then "EAA Technical Counselors". There is a search function there to find technical counselors in your area. My tech counselor is also a member of my local EAA chapter and has been immensely helpful for my build. He is an A&P and has recently built an RV-8.

Great, did you get a copy of the assembly manual? A buddy of mine received his RV-14A EMP kit Friday and the manual was Back ordered. I shipped him one today to get him going until his arrives. I was told backordered but might have misunderstood and it was just missed.

Don't know yet. Haven't opened box yet. Plan to open this evening when done with work and start inventory.

Bad part was I found damage on HS Spar. Mothership is helping. Go Vans! Good thing doing inventory and inspection.

GiddyUp!

Congrats are getting started.
I would strongly encourage you to join your local EAA chapter, if there's one nearby. Doing this could be your most important investment.
You will meet many experienced builders, and have a source of face-to-face problem solving, along with access to most of the unique tools that you'll use only once or twice.
And... you'll make new friends who know already share a common interest.

Happy riveting!

I'm already in contact. Trying to setup a time to go over tools I have. Three TC's in the chapter.

Back