What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap control

74Papa

Question - I would like to have a flap controller like on a Cessna that is set for 10, 20, 30 degrees (or so) instead of having a switch that is either on or off. Any ideas???

Thanks as always

VP-X

I went the VP-X route for more than the solid state circuit breakers. After adding up the cost for all the features I wanted in individual devices, I thought it was a steal of a deal. Starter safety, Flap control including speed of deployment, trim speed control (less sensitive at higher speeds), Wig-Wag, etc. I am not flying yet, but thought it made a lot of sense in my research.

Can't speak highly enough about VP-X, if you are installing glass it is the perfect compliment, as it will indicate flap position at your flap intermediate settings.

Also VP-X controls the speed at which the flaps go up in the event of a go around, which is clever, and to top it off wont allow the flaps to operate at all when the airspeed is above Vfo.

And this is just the flaps function of VP-X, in addition to all the other functions it performs, I love it will be going in the RV10 for sure

Ps I don't have anything to do with Vertical Power

Last edited:
Back